cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Suddenly got error code 97

Journeyman

Help! Suddenly got error code 97

phone was working fine. all of a sudden got error code 97 when i tried to send a text. can't make or receive any calls. what can i do?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help! Suddenly got error code 97

I can help you out with that! Are you using your GS4 on an Airave device? If so, power both devices off and back on. Wait for the Airave to fully turn back on, and all lights to be green. Let me know if that helps!

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

If you have an Airave, does this happen only at home when conneceted to it?

This was a fairly common issue with Airaves on the Galaxy S3 too.

Highlighted

Thank you for the post! Error code 97 is usually related to sending text messages while connected to an Airave device. Usually it can be fixed by powering the phone off, and removing the battery if possible. While it's off power cycle the Airave device as well. Then it should work from there. If it doesn't, on the Galaxy S3 and S4 you can dial ##72786#. The device will go to a screen that says"SCRTN" at the top, and then start to reboot. Once it comes back on, allow it to sit for a few minutes. It will run through its hands free activation and connect to the network.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

what about the Samsung galaxy s5?

GrandMaster

same scenario with that error code.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat