cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Screen Reset With Restart

Highlighted
Journeyman

Home Screen Reset With Restart

I have a personal photo set as my "home screen". However, every time I restart my Samsung Galaxy S4 (purchased a couple weeks ago), turn it off then turn it back on, or pull the battery (whether the phone was on or off), the home screen gets reset to a plain blue screen. I've tried setting various stock choices (wallpaper or live wallpaper) & they stay in place following any type of restart. Does this happen because my photo is on the micro SD card? Is there a way to move/copy the photo to the phone, possibly to the wallpaper folder?

I've tried everything I can think of & nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions are appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oops, I goofed a bit. The live wallpapers (I even downloaded one from the Google play store) stay after a restart, while any of the available pre-loaded wallpapers also disappear following any sort of restart, leaving the solid color blue home screen. However, the lock screen keeps its setting (one of the stock wallpapers). I can't figure it out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well to answer one of your questions, yes, anything related to the wallpaper and home screen needs to be on the device and not the SD Card. This includes widgets as well. Using the built in file explorer "My Files", move/copy the pictures you want as a wallpaper to the internal storage.

Now as to why the pre-loaded items aren't sticking, I haven't a clue. Have you tried setting it using both the "Home Screen" and "Home and Lock Screen" options?

Highlighted
Wizard

jandrez596,

Thanks for posting. I would like to see if you could follow MahlonP's suggestion and copy the picture from the SD card into phone storage and then set it as a background. If this works and the picture stays after a reboot I think you may want to look at your SD Card as the culprit. If there is a corruption on the SD card, you may need to back up your files to a computer and format the SD card to clear out any file corruption that is causing performance issues.

Please let us know how this works and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I had fiddled with the picture I wanted as my home screen & got it to save to the phone. Since then it has remained as the set home screen. However, my lock screen photo is still on the micro SD card, yet I have never "lost" it as the set photo. I do wish I could set "live" wallpaper as the lock screen (I did find 1 live wallpaper that works in "Daydream" however, so I will keep looking ).

I also created a folder containing the home screen photo, following the above instructions, on the phone's memory - just to be on the safe side.

I do not currently have access to a computer to transfer the micro SD card's contents in order to format the micro SD card, but I will try that when possible. I have had the card for about a year now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat