cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many installed Lollipop without and problems?

Journeyman

How many installed Lollipop without and problems?

I have been watching these thread for many weeks and have seen so many people with problems.

For once lets all be positive and tell the stories that were positive than negative.

I for one have been waiting for Lollipop as all of you.

I thought I should prepare for the update so I backed up all my data and cleared my cache.

I then decided to get my Galaxy S4 Triband back to defaults and as soon as I did it I received notice the update was ready to download OTA.

I did it very quickly and the install went effortlessly in about 15 minutes. Maybe I had something turned off that would stop receiving the update.

The GS4 had no bumps or issues and is running perfectly.  Lollipop is no big deal to most users and I actually see only a few things that have changed. It may run quicker and I have no issues of battery running down quickly. But then again I keep my GS4 c leaned up with not a lot of junk in the background running.

Today I'm running about 30% to 40% memory used and use Security 360 Apps to clean out the junk.

How about you? What have you done to prepare for lollipop and how many are running it now?

I'm happy and didn't lose any sleep over waiting for it.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How many installed Lollipop without and problems?

I got the triband ota update a week ago and it installed quickly, too. The Play Store app wanted updating and wouldn't let me, but a reboot solved that. No crashes since then.

The only thing I really dislike is losing homescreen menu button to go to settings. I can still get there with the pulldown, but it's more effort. Lazy, I guess! As for positives, I haven't noticed any other than the option to secure factory resets.

GrandMaster

is it as magical as everyone else dreamed it would be??

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had to do exactly as you to update Play Store.  Losing the Homescreen button also was weird.

I had to add the Settings icon on my utility page to solve that.  Glad all is working well on your GS4.

I have noticed I still have lots of control managing Apps to reduce them from communicating my info.

Have you played with the new security if your phone gets stolen or lost?

GrandMaster

is that where it displays your contact info on the lock screen?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

how do you clear the cache and reset to default

Journeyman

Yes, the Reactivation Lock is what I was referring to, Iggy. The extent of "playing with it" was checking the box to turn it on. Not even any options!

Journeyman

Thank you for the positive upbeat in a sea of negativity. I too would like to know what you did to clear cache and set yourself back to defaults. I actually don't intend to do it because I figure I'll let sprint get the update to me in their own time so as not to mess things up for me. However if it gets to the point where sprint says I should have gotten the update and I don't I wouldn't mind knowing how to do what you did.

Journeyman

Clearing the cache is after you make a full backup on your computer.

These steps can be observed on this video. If you don't feel comfortable doing this don't.

Step #1 Turn your phone OFF.

Step #2 Boot into Recovery Mode:- Press and hold, simultaneously, the Volume UP + Power buttons until you see some small, blue, writing appear in the top left hand corner of the screen and release immediately.

Step #3 You will then see the small, stock, Recovery menu. Using the Volume UP and DOWN buttons, navigate to the menu item, "wipe cache", or, "wipe cache partition", depending on your model.

Step #4 Once the option is highlighted you can use the Power key to enact the wipe and reboot your phone.

GrandMaster

anyone doing this that hasnt before make sure to double triple check that you backed up everything on your phone just in case the wrong options is selected and you end up doing a FR on the phone.

Journeyman

Yes fireguy_6364 I did say that you should BACUP ALL DATA before clearing cache or doing any installs.

This helps the new Lollipop from having any issues during install.

It is almost like you upgrade your Operating System on your computer.

As it is only a suggestion and it is not mandatory.

My GS4 is still working well. Not using lots of battery power nor getting hot case.

I did DISABLE lots of junk and Bloatware which keeps my memory usage down to about 35-40% which is were I like it.

No issues what so ever with Lollipop but it still have some nice additions that is helpful.

Any more with good stories about their upgrade? Hope you have already or will get it soon.

Relax and don't be in a rush folks.

Have fun and quit worrying about your sell phone so much.

Journeyman

how do reset your phone to default.?? i have the sprint s4 triband

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat