cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a waranty replacement device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to get a waranty replacement device.

Hi I am new to sprint I just switched from Verizon I have a Galaxy S4 in black ive been having some issues with it like the brightness randomly changes even though all auto settings are off also the phone accosonialy over heats the software won't update vibrate won't work sometimes and some other minor issues. The phone is 2 weeks old I got it from a Sprint store it has no hardware defects, so I would like to know how to get a manufactor warranty replacement from Sprint or Samsung all help appreciated Nico.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: How to get a waranty replacement device.

nicotheandroidguy,

Thanks for posting. Within 14 days from activation you can exchange or return the device.

If you are outside of this period, do you have TEP by asurion?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am out side thoose days and I dont have insurance so can I get a certified preowned manufactor warenty replacement.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

there is also a one year warranty through the manufacturer itself..problem is you would have to send the phone into them for them to evaluate it and either fix it or send you a new one...could take a while for this to happen.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes that is what I want to do how should I do that.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you will have to contact samsung direct. downfall is you will have to send them the phone..which will take x amount of days to get there...then the time they need to look at it..thats an additional x amount of days..then however many days it takes to get it shipped back..

do a search for samsung and it should pop their site right up for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

nicotheandroidguy ,

Thanks for replying back. Do apologize for the delay in my response.

You could go through the manufacturer's 1 year warranty and send the device to them for service.

Or, you could go into a Sprint service and repair location Sprint Store Locator. However you would to pay a service and repair fee $50, being that you don't have insurance and are outside of the 14 days.

I do apologize once again that you are having these issues with your device.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat