cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to decide between the Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm trying to decide between the Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone.

What are some pros and cons to each phone?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

i will very honestly tell u.. i have the nexus..  GET THE I PHONE.. way to many issue's with the nexus// good luck with ur new phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

It REALLY depends on what you're looking for. Samsung has the #1 phone in the world right now *wow okay* but it's #1 for a reason (or so millions of people think so. I'd say, consider what matters most to you and go with the phone that best meets those needs. For example, looking or a big screen adv. Galaxy, looking for apps adv. Galaxy, looking for something that's compatible with almost all electronic accessories adv. iPhone...I think you get what I'm saying. Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the iPhone 5 for 6 months and I used my Sprint upgrade to get the Galaxy S4. Sprint did the buy-back for my iPhone 5 and my total cost for the S4 was $19.95. The S4's screen is bigger and easier to see. The camera is awesome. S4's much faster across wi-fi and app load times are shorter. I was in India last month and I couldn't connect via Bluetooth with my iPhone 5 to share photos with other smart phones. Almost everyone has a Samsung smart phone so the S4 should be more compatible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Get the iPhone, you;ll have more space (32 or 64GB) and tons of cases to choose from. Samsung doesn't care enough about their customers to force Sprint to sell the 32GB S4; once you download a few apps you'll run out of space on your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can insert a SDHC chip, up to 64G, in a Samsung Galaxy S4.  I have a 32G SDHC chip in mine, and that is plenty, at least for me..  Not sure what you would want with a 128G memory capacity (i.e. 64G in the phone plus 64G SDHC inserted, but you are correct that if Sprint offered the phone with the 64G internal, you could get to that capacity

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, Nerdiac, what sort of apps are you using that a few of them would use up 32GB?  Hilarious.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The S4 is the better phone plain and simple. S4 has a better screen with higher ppi and bigger, better camera, removable battery, micro SDcard up to 64gb, Samsung TouchWiz and Android has way more features that are better than ios. Apple simply hasn't innovated in the last few years and it shows. Check out anything on the internet about these devices being compared and everyone will agree. I'm talking credible tech sources not Apple fanboys.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Nerdiac wrote:

Get the iPhone, you;ll have more space (32 or 64GB) and tons of cases to choose from. Samsung doesn't care enough about their customers to force Sprint to sell the 32GB S4; once you download a few apps you'll run out of space on your phone.

you mean the 16GB? unless im missing something no 32GBs S4 has been available..only the 16GB...which once you boil it down and look you will only have a bit over 9GB of internal storage due to the built in apps and such..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Specifications

• Dimensions: 5.4 inches x 2.7 inches x 0.31 inches (136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm)
  • Weight:  4.59 ounces (130 grams)
  • Display: 5-inch full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED™ Plus (1080x1920) touchscreen display
  • Battery: 2,600mAh Lithium-Ion battery
  • Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and microSD™ card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card

^^^^^

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat