cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a software update after 4.3

Journeyman

I received a software update after 4.3

Yesterday I got a notificaton on my phone that there was a software update ready to be installed, I just upgraded my software to 4.3 Jelly Bean like two weeks ago....anyone know what the lastest update was for, I dont see any changes and I still have 4.3...

Also does anyone know when a fix will be provided for the app folder staying open on the home screen?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: I received a software update after 4.3

I also did an update. The only different thing I noticed is I can now see emojis and there's now autocorrect. Other than that, I don't know..

Journeyman

It's the Mk2 Update. Sprint send out this update to fix the sleep and battery on the phone

Journeyman

Well I've noticed that my phone doesnt roam anymore which is very frustrating, I cant use my phone at home anymore.

Journeyman

I had the same problem but was able to fix it.  You may have to do it several times before it "sticks".  Go into the roaming settings - Settings>Connections>More Networks>Roaming>Roaming network and change it from Home only to Automatic.  You'll have to go in and check it periodically to make sure it doesn't get turned off again.  I had to do this several times with some restarts thrown in for good luck before it finally "stuck".  I would like to think this was accidental on Sprint's part to COMPLETELY disable roaming by default, but who knows.  And to have to change it multiple times to get roaming to stay on.  Kinda fishy if you ask me...  Then again, it's Sprint - it could be simple incompetence.

Journeyman

I received the system software update this morning, I assume it was the MK2, since that is the version now displayed, and it broke my ability to turn on wi-fi. The security software now intercepts attempts to turn on wi-fi as an illegal action and kills it.

Master

DericksGirl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're not sure what model phone you are using, but if it's a Samsung Galaxy S4, another software update (MK2) was pushed out to resolve issues with the sleep mode.

Please let us know if that is not the model phone that you have and if not please let us know what model phone you have and we'll advise you of what software updates have been released?

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Master

Lynnb04,

It sounds like you may have completed the update without any problems, which is great! However, if you happen to run into anything or have any other questions, please let us know.

Toya
Sprint Social Care

Master

Neon375,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your device. Just to clarify, what device are you working with? Have you brought it to a Sprint service and repair center to have these issues addressed? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the Galaxy S4, no I have not taken it to a sprint store bc it doesnt happen with every call, and Im sure that when I go there, it will magically stop happening. Luckily it hasent dont it lately. I hope this is something that is fixed witht he Kit Kat update if ever I get it lol.

Highlighted
Master

DericksGirl

The update is being pushed out in waves, this helps avoid congestion and all customers on our network will end up getting it. Please bear with us, you should see it in the coming days.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat