cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having trouble with the Air View feature on the Galaxy S 4 ?

Journeyman

Is anyone having trouble with the Air View feature on the Galaxy S 4 ?

I have the option active on my phone but it still does not seem to wanna work

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is anyone having trouble with the Air View feature on the Galaxy S 4 ?

i dont have a s4 so i cant really help out there but you probably have to set your finger over the phone at a certain point if you need more help you can probably ask somebody else on this site or look at youtube vid about this and sometimes phones wont let you do certain stuff in certain applications so that can also be the problem too hope i helped

Highlighted
Journeyman

JNM3 wrote:

I have the option active on my phone but it still does not seem to wanna work

I can get it to work on my video player (fast forwarding and such), but nothing else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Air view only works with certain things, have you hovered over your email in the Samsung email, have you hovered over your dialing pad to see who you have set for speed dialing? These are some of the things with which it works. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest it doesnt even work for me when its doing the demo...im wondering if it has anything to do with the screen protector on the phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess we changed phones at the same time.  My airview works fine.  Don't know if it has anything to do with screen protector, never used one, on the Evo4g or on this phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i wasnt going to but figured since my last phone was put to rest with a mighty screen explosion i would try to help protect it as much as possible lol..im taking the S4 back today though..while on speaker phone mode if the volume is anything above half it rumbles and the end caller can hear it..its also already lagging out pretty bad..i can punch in my screen lock code and at times wait a few seconds...and then see it punch in my code finally and work..i shouldnt have any need to worry about this 2 days into the dang phone lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Going to have them replace or go for the one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine works just fine for most apps (i.e., Email, Calendar, Gallery), but it's hit-or-miss on the Messaging, Chrome, Internet apps.  I really don't find it very useful.  To me, it's one of those features that you show people what your phone can do, but don't use it...similar to being to to show people 3D pictures/video on my HTC EVO 3D without glasses, but not really used.  Try to turn the 'Air view' feature to off and then back on, if you haven't already.  Maybe restart your phone.  Next stop...Sprint service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe I have read that it does not work with Chrome:  http://mashable.com/2013/04/24/galaxy-s4-review/

Sensors, Gestures and Remote Controls

Building off of some of the features it introduced with the Galaxy Note II and the Galaxy Note 8, Samsung has integrated some new sensor technologies into the Galaxy S4.

The first feature is Air View, which acts similarly to how the S-pen on the Galaxy Note 8 works. Simply hover your finger a few millimeters above the screen of the device and in supported apps, you'll see a preview of content. This works with many of Samsung's built-in apps, including the photo gallery, the dialer, Samsung's browser and email client. It also works with Flipboard, and Samsung says it will have an SDK so developers can integrate the feature into their app.

Air View works by cranking up the capacitive sensor on the screen so that it is more sensitive and can detect interaction without your finger having to touch the device. While finding the right way to use the feature can take time, once you figure out the sweet spot, it works reliably.

Air View is handy, especially in apps that support it. Unfortunately, right now, the only apps that support Air View are either built by Samsung or are Flipboard. If you use Chrome and Gmail — as opposed to Samsung's mail app and browser — you won't be able to take advantage of these cool features.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats my delema lol..for what its worth this is my first experience with a sammy smart phone..before this i have been an HTC fan for quite some time now..so for one its a learning curve between the 2 styles..that i can deal with ....but out the gate issues is something else entirely..i have a few more days to figure it out..i might just jump back and get the One instead..dang co worker knocking my original evo and shattering the screen..i could have avoided all this for quite some time now lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am enjoying the S4.  For what its worth, I have my EVO, original battery and rear case,  extended battery and rear case, two chargers and it is perfect.  $50.00 plus shipping?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat