cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received 4.3 update...what's new?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just received 4.3 update...what's new?

My Galaxy S4 just received the Android 4.3 update.

What is included in the update and what's been fixed?

(Improved battery life? Improved BATTERY life? IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE, PLEASE???)

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Just received 4.3 update...what's new?

I still haven't received anything yet

Journeyman

I still haven't received anything yet

Journeyman

Also still waiting....

Journeyman

Aside from the "lite" version of changes mentioned in the Software Update post, there isn't much that Sprint itself has done. There's a few more bloat redirect icons and the 3G/4GLTE icons have been changed to match the brand, but that's it really. Majority of changes in 4.3 are by Samsung/Android behind the scenes for the general populace. A few minutes on any android news site will run down the list but one of the favorites is that the Samsung keyboard now has color emoji. Knox won't be a pain unless something insecure or poorly programmed annoys it.

As for battery life, that wasn't entirely Sprint's fault. Google had their hand in it with software glitches they introduced through behind the scenes updates (Google Play Services). Samsung is also at fault, finally acknowledging a worldwide problem with defective batteries. Any of their service locations will swap your battery for free if it's at fault. Note that a defective battery will shut off randomly, overheat, and swell enough to spin on a flat surface. My wife and I can both go a whole (waking) day on a full charge. We lucked out on both good batteries and not doing whatever is needed to upset Google's services. My best is about 28 hours and my worst is 10 (several hours of Ingress and other games)

Journeyman

I hear you. I haven't received the update yet either!

Journeyman

MAHLON P:

(where's the message Quote feature??)

Okay? So what if I deleted Google Play Services? I will assume that it shall not disrupt the operation of my phone and I will have the battery life back that I had before the last update in June.

This is ridiculous that it has gone on this long, that I have to charge my phone three times a day despite very average (and minimal) use!

Journeyman

Grundberg74 wrote:

MAHLON P:

(where's the message Quote feature??)

Okay? So what if I deleted Google Play Services? I will assume that it shall not disrupt the operation of my phone and I will have the battery life back that I had before the last update in June.

This is ridiculous that it has gone on this long, that I have to charge my phone three times a day despite very average (and minimal) use!

The quote button is the one with the " on it when composing a reply . So far there haven't been any complaints of the issue on 4.3 MJA, even without factory resets. Uninstalling updates, clearing the cache, and clearing the data for Google Play Services is hit or miss as it's the whole ecosystem that had it's issues. You'll know if it's truly at fault should it be the dominant battery consumer by a hefty margin. If your screen is still number one, then it's more than likely a failing battery than a software problem, especially with 3 charges a day. Does your battery cut off even when it still has a charge or spin on a flat surface?

And for anyone still waiting, there are tips out there to force your phone to truly check if it has been provisioned with the update. A few moments on Google or looking through other threads in this forum will provide the answer. It's not a guarantee, but you'll at least know if your turn is already there behind the scenes.

Journeyman

I just recieved mine today. I havent really had time to sit and play with it, but I have noticed the 3g/4g sign at the top looks a little different. Also I noticed emojis do not show up in black and white anymore (Im happy about that lol). I havent noticed much change in battery life. But my battery seems to have always held power great! If you have having severa battery issues you should be able to get a new one from sprint (free of charge) as samsung is aware of the battery issues.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat