cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit-Kat 4.4.4. - Already Pushed To The Sprint S4 and I missed It?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Kit-Kat 4.4.4. - Already Pushed To The Sprint S4 and I missed It?

Thursday, October 2, 2014

For some reason, this Community won't let me paste the URL, but the 10/2/2014 edition of GottaBeMobile.com says that the all important Android problem fixer, KitKat version 4.4.4 has already been pushed out from Samsung to Sprint for our Galaxy S4, and that this update is being released for the Sprint Galaxy S5 today.

Has anyone received the KitKat 4.4.4 on their S4 yet, or know more about when Sprint will release it to us? The latest update I'm able to summon to my SPH-L720 S4 is KitKat version 4.4.2.  My phone's internal compass will not stay calibrated.  I hear that version 4.4.4 fixes that issue, and many other issues that plague some S4 owners.  Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

-Allen in Chicago. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Kit-Kat 4.4.4. - Already Pushed To The Sprint S4 and I missed It?

Update order varies.  The first time around it went to the Tri-Bands first, for the latest update, the Classic S4 got it first.

There is another article linked that the OP didn't apparently read.  The only S4's that 4.4.4 has been confirmed released on so far is on T-M.

Sprint has only been confirmed as pushing to the Note 3 so far.

Each release is carrier specific.  One carrier's release doesn't equate to ALL carriers releasing.

When Sprint does start to release, like you said, there will be a sticky topic posted as every time before.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

I still only have 4.4.2 like you. This is very interesting, thanks for the post! Android L should be released soon (eventually) for S4 also I've read...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still on 4.4.2 as well.  I would like to know if the GS4 will receive the latest version on TouchWiz also...

Highlighted
Master

digermania To stay informed on upcoming updates please go to sprint.com/newsroom.
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

from what im seeing nothing has been posted about a OTA for the S5 as of yet..usually they make a thread and sticky it at the top on the day its to be kicked out...and nothing in there so far.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

theres also the matter of which will get it first...obviously the S5 will get it before you guys..but then will it be kicked to the tri band S4 first or the original S4? it wont be a update that is pushed to both at the same time...they will be different.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Update order varies.  The first time around it went to the Tri-Bands first, for the latest update, the Classic S4 got it first.

There is another article linked that the OP didn't apparently read.  The only S4's that 4.4.4 has been confirmed released on so far is on T-M.

Sprint has only been confirmed as pushing to the Note 3 so far.

Each release is carrier specific.  One carrier's release doesn't equate to ALL carriers releasing.

When Sprint does start to release, like you said, there will be a sticky topic posted as every time before.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GrandMaster

completely different OTA's though..heck even when they go to kick them out to the S4's they will be different since one is a tri band device and the other is regular..i can see the M8 getting it before my M7..the S5 getting it before the S4 triband etc..yah each carrier is their own beast when it comes to releasing these updates..im mainly talking about how sprint usually does it though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, I reread the original article and the GottaBeMobile.com news from 10/6/14.  I understand better now.  SAMSUNG released the Kit-Kat 4.4.4 to SPRINT earlier this month, but SPRINT has to do it's own testing, tweaking and adding of Sprint-Specific apps before releasing 4.4.4 to us, their customer base.  SPRINT will decide which phones will receive this update first, second, third, etc., and which ones will not receive KitKat 4.4.4. at all.

It's interesting that the very latest major update, known as Anrdoid Lollipop (Android-L) is undergoing final testing at Samsung and is expected to be released to carriers between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Sprint S4 is scheduled to be a recipient.  We'll get 2 major enhancements/updates in a 3 month timeframe if Sprint sees us as worthy. Cool!

-Allen in Chicago

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm hoping for the 4.4.4 update, but I will probably read a lot of reviews before installing it, whenever it comes along. 4.4.2 was such a train wreck, I now regard Android updates from Sprint with a certain amount of dread. Well done, Sprint.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you'll get jacked up updates from any carrier really. personally i wait about a week or two before downloading any OTA so i can watch everyone else jump onto it as soon as it touches their phones..i can then see what all problems they are running into and or what was fixed or added..then judge from there.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat