cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L720VPUGOK3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: L720VPUGOK3

I am having the same connection error 6 problem when trying to update PRL or Profile on 2 different GS4's

(More information) I noticed the problem when I traveled out of sprint coverage to a place where I always have roaming service but had none. When I returned home I checked my wife's phone and it's doing the same thing.

I'm not happy about the idea of doing a factory reset.

I have tried as you suggested and cleared the cache and data on the system update. As well as every app with the word sprint in the title, although it didn't fix it.

Will you please clarify what you were suggesting. What other apps should I be clearing.

Also if anyone else has ideas I would appreciate it. I already called sprint and spent an hour on the phone and they couldn't figure it out.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thought this was an extraneous step for me that could be skipped, but what I did in addition to clearing cache and data of System Update and Sprint apps was to Reset Network settings by dialing Dial ##72786# follow steps here: (http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Reset-network-settings-Samsung-Galaxy-Sreg-4-Dual-Band/WS...) , it will clear your phone's internal network settings, but will leave your apps and data intact. Phone will reboot after you do that and ask you to activate, it did not let me re-activate until I cleared data and cache on System Update and all Sprint apps, but once I did that I reactivated again, and I could update PRL and Profile again. A bit of caution though, if after resetting network and clearing System Update and Sprint apps, you still can't activate, you won't be able to connect to Sprint's network until you resolve the issue or factory reset. That got me concerned when I couldn't reactivate at first, but it all worked out for me in the end after I cleared data and cache. Good luck. Do report back if it works out for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally fixed this issue. I bagged my S4 and got an S7 Edge. The S7 Edge is an amazing phone, light years ahead of the S4!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I changed my carrier and my phone.  I now use a Nexus 5X.  I get updates immediately.  I no longer buy Samsung products.  When my TV ages, I will replace it with another brand as well.  I don't expect a lot, but reply to your customer service emails and support what you already sold.  Selling a new product/product upgrade as a fix, is not a fix.  Or, you know, they could have at least responded or publicly stated that the S4 was no longer supported.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues. 2 calls to customer support and the first person told me it was an issue with the towers near me and to go reset it at another location with the ##72786# and the second person told me is was an issue with my phones hardware and I would need to get a new one. I have ZERO confidence in these two contradicting explanations.

It seems I ma not alone with this issue and not alone in being dissatisfied with how sprint is handling it. Unfortunately the shop in my town does not have repair so I have to go to the next town over. I think I will try a factory reset before I waste more hours of my life with the clerks at the sprint store.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning osuelvin1

We understand your frustration. We know how important it is to have a working device.

Since you have exhausted the basic troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you bring the device to your nearest Sprint Repair store. A certified technician can examine the device and provide you with options to replace it.

For a store near you visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat