cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L720VPUGOK3

Journeyman

L720VPUGOK3

Finally got my OTA to the newest patch.  Patch notes from Sprint are ...well...sparse at best.  No description of what was actually patched.  No note if it finally did the final fix for stagefright bugs (previous patch did not fully do so).

Problems so far:

PRL and Profile updates error out on cell data and wifi networks.

Connections have not improved at all.  Still drops to 1 bar as soon as I do anything that uses Cell Data.  Works fine on wifi.

Did the usual cache wipe several times.  No effect.

Even as a backup phone/carrier it's hardly worth keeping.

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: L720VPUGOK3

##72786# fails as well.  Staring at a Hands Free Activation screen that can not complete after following on screen direction.  Fell back to self activation.  Completed.  PRL and Profile updates still fail Error Code 6 like before.  Firmware update check as well.

Not surprised sadly.

Journeyman

Anyone install the update and not have problems? What does this update fix?

Journeyman

cityw5 wrote:

Anyone install the update and not have problems? What does this update fix?

The sprint page says "Security Updates".  Very detailed.  Very phoned in considering the last patch didn't fix all of stagefright.  There probably won't be any posts from Sprint here.   I was only going to keep this phone as a backup, but it's not worth it on this network.  Bad phone call quality inside buildings and data that drops to 1 bar 3g soon as I try to use it.  Samsung doesn't reply to emails, so no help there either.  This was my last Samsung phone.  I won't be replacing my LCD with another Samsung either.  Only choice is to move on when they stop caring.

Journeyman

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galaxy-S-4/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB65037-dvc7970011prd?INTNAV=SUSmiley Very HappyPSmiley SurprisedV:UGSmiley FrustratedamsungGalaxyS4:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourSamsungGalaxy#/!/

This always has the latest version information. This update went smoothly for me, and I'm not surprised Sprint didn't make a grand announcement here. Other than the Global Roaming, it's just bug fixes and security updates. I'm sure you could find a version log somewhere with the details, but it's not quite the same as a new Android version.

GrandMaster

its in their notes but yeah..not seeing a thread made for it like they usually do.

Current version:

L720TVPUCOK3

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

L720TVPUCOK312/18/2015
  • Sprint Global Roaming
  • Security Updates
  • Bug Fixes
L720TVPUCOH108/12/2015 Enhancements:
  • Patch for critical security vulnerability ('Stagefright')
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So I have the same problem as posted above. I now get an error with trying to manually update prl, profile, or system update. Any fixes to this?

GrandMaster

i'll ask if anything has been found out so far. give me a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

cityw5 wrote:

So I have the same problem as posted above. I now get an error with trying to manually update prl, profile, or system update. Any fixes to this?

Good luck to you on that one.  I found my own fix.  I ordered a new phone that will use a new provider to replace this one (backup phone).  They already lost me as my primary carrier.  Just waiting on shipping.

Journeyman

Just got the L720VPUGOK3 update yesterday and I am getting the same error code 6 when I manually try to update profile and PRL.  Has anyone found a solution yet?  Everything else seems to be working OK as far as I can tell.

GrandMaster

cityw5 posted in another thread that he went ahead and backed up the phone and did a FR and its working like a champ again..more responsive than before...might try this.

Journeyman

You don't need to reset, just go to settings, app manager, all, System Update, and clear data and cache. If that doesn't work, try clearing data and cache for all Sprint apps as well. You will be able to update PRL and Profile again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat