cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Journeyman

Re: Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Doing a Factory reset or Hard reset does not fix the issue. I still get the same error, that doesn't pop up but goes into the background. The error can be seen once the home button is held to switch applications. This error comes up when a data connection is lost. There are also batter performance issues. I'm going to start posting on every S4 forum about how badly Sprint messed this update up.

Journeyman

I see the error too - seems related to wifi... The "upgrade" wasn't ready for prime time - that's for sure. A hard reset makes it "bearable", but the software isn't right.

Journeyman

Thank you but its not just around my house, its all over south florida that I have this connectivity issue. Before the update the phone was incredible but after its a huge headache... calls drop texts wont send calls just plain out dont come thru, horrible.

Sprint and Samsung MUST fix soon I cant take it much longer nothing I can do to the phone fixes the issue.

Journeyman

This may be helpful to some of you with Samsung Galaxy Phone issues....if there is a Best Buy near you there is more than likely a Samsung Experience Consultant at the Samsung Store located inside the Best Buy.  They do FREE trouble shooting for all Samsung  Galaxy devices.  Please feel free to call 1-800-Samsung to be directed to a site near you.  With that being said some of the issues maybe able to be fixed with the use of thier SMART Tool.  Others may not.  But they will do what they can to help eleviate the proplems you are having.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mir13,

Thanks for letting me know! South Florida is going through some updates and when completed I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy our service once again! For enhancements in your area check out http://bit.ly/1fzPBA7 We do appreciate your patience through this process!

As soon as I find out more info on the update situation I will post it! I have not forgotten! Thanks~

Lucia

Social Care

Journeyman

I wrote Samsung yesterday because I got tired of waiting for Sprint to do nothing and they answered me back with a quick hopeful fix.

"Please reboot the phone using hard keys. Data from the phone won’t get erased by doing so. Perform the below steps.

a) Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).

b) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

c) When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.

d) When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

e) Navigate with the Volume keys to the “Cache Partition” option and press the Power key to select.

f) After “Cache Partition”, press the Power key to reboot system now.

If you still face the issue, we would request you contact our voice support team for further assistance. They are authorized to deal these kind of issues.

You can reach them at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST)."

I tried it a few mins ago but im not quite sure if it did work because as soon as I turned the phone back on and checked the recent apps I saw the small black screen with the android next to it saying MIPErrornotifier.

Journeyman

having same issue.  I got my phone first of July because they advertised a long battery life.  It worked fine until last week. Started overheating and I'm lucky if the charge holds more than 6 hours.  Sprint store was unhelpful and said my battery was fine - refused to check anything else.  I tried all suggested tips I could find without success.

Journeyman

eddieg521 wrote:

having same issue.  I got my phone first of July because they advertised a long battery life.  It worked fine until last week. Started overheating and I'm lucky if the charge holds more than 6 hours.  Sprint store was unhelpful and said my battery was fine - refused to check anything else.  I tried all suggested tips I could find without success.

- Did you install any new apps or updates just before it started?

- Despite what battery software can say, there's a physical test to see if the battery's starting to go. Place it on a truly level surface. Push down on one corner with your finger and attempt to spin the battery. If it spins, it's starting to swell and is on it's way out. Be sure to check both sides for swelling.

Journeyman

Doesn't work, I called your support on the phone and went to the store.  They replaced my phone and it's still giving me the MIPErrorNotifier.  My battery drains and it gets really hot.  After researching it says its a error when the phone switches from 3g to 4g or it's looking for wireless.  Will there be an update to fix this soon?

Journeyman

lboog1070 wrote:

Doesn't work, I called your support on the phone and went to the store.  They replaced my phone and it's still giving me the MIPErrorNotifier.  My battery drains and it gets really hot.  After researching it says its a error when the phone switches from 3g to 4g or it's looking for wireless.  Will there be an update to fix this soon?

MIPErrorNotifier is harmless and not the cause of any of your problems.

How long have you had the phone before this started? If you've had the phone for a while, have you tried switching out the battery to see if another one gives you better performance? Check your internal Battery Usage meter to see if anything in particular is draining the battery. You can also try GSam Battery Monitor from the Play Store as it will be able to provide a more detailed list and usage summary, in case the CPU usage is the cause of the heat/drain.

Master

I used to have that error while they were upgrading to 4G LTE here in Vegas, and after that, I don't get that error anymore. Maybe it has to do with it.

Also the battery drainage and the heat, is something that almost everyone (that din't do a factory reset) is having problems with.

I got around the battery drainage by blocking all the google apps from doing constant syncing, and it worked. Now I went back to live syncing and it's back to draining at a rate of 10% per hour (with what I have noticed). I'm sure that soon will be an update, hopefully to 4.3 that might fix this.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I got the phone mid July. I've switched the batter, the charger and the phone. I removed all the apps I originally had downloaded and it still happens. The samsung guy I spoke with said its a sprint issue when the phone looks for wifi or it goes from 3g to 4g.  We tested it and thats when the notifier pops up. I also reset the phone cleared some kind of cache they asked me to clear.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat