cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Journeyman

Re: Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Its getting worse and worse I can barely get through to speak with my girlfriend who is on MY SAME PLAN. Half the time our calls don't get through to each other and texts as well.

I'm very close to cancelling my contract and leaving Sprint because they fail to admit that their software completely FUCKED up the Galaxy S 4. Other S4 users at other companies are NOT having the same issues it is clearly only a Sprint software issue.

Please fix it SOON because you are ruining an amazing phone and you'll lose customers very soon if you don't.

AND PLEASE do not ask me about my zip code and cross streets one more time because this is happening all over south florida for me and all over the US for Sprint S4 users.

Master

Hmmm are you having issues with the phone or network? You not getting through is the network not the phone, and other that the Google issue (battery drainage), I haven't had any issues with the S4.

If you want to fix all the issues from the update, do a hard reset of the phone and you'll be fine, at least on the phone side, network side... not sure, maybe until they Finnish rolling out the 4G LTE in Florida.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

odd. i have access to 4 S4's and not a single one of them have this issue...and all 4 of them have the latest and greatest update..last i checked the majority of Florida is well under way with network upgrades..meaning you will see amongst other things a drop in reception and data..dropped calls..loss of data...pretty much the same exact thing youre talking about..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

mir13,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Sprint Community, if you need additional assistance feel free to let us know.  If we do not hear back in 48hrs we will consider the case resolved.

Thanks,

Lucia

Social Care

Journeyman

I hear you, am having same problems as everyone here, PLUS my screen totally locks up (completely black, cannot turn screen on at all unless I remove battery and reinsert); add to that the clock no longer keeps time accurately (gets stuck on same hour/minute and won't budge); Smart Stay doesn't work, and sometimes I cannot even make a phone call because the buttons don't do anything! 

Why didn't anyone test this before releasing it??

I think we all deserve free service until this problem is fixed!

Master

emerald_serenity

Have you tried to reset the device and set it up again? This specific issue is not listed in known issues, it largely seems people are having issues with battery life. I would suggest that you back up the device then reset it. If that fails, you should take it in for service. You can find the closest repair center and make an appointment by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've had the same exact issue with the lock screen and clock. It is a known issue among users after this update.  Sprint, please add and escalate.  Thank you. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat