ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Journeyman

Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Ever since I got the pushed update through GOTA i've been having a lot of issues with data and wifi coverage. It all seems to work fine at first but I am getting texts multiple times and very late and my texts themselves sometimes will not send for a long time. The software is "JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9". It is said to fix these issues:

Fixes/Enhancements:

• Voice – HD Voice enhancements.
  • Audio – Audio clipping when using headphones at higher levels has been addressed.
  • Application Storage – Enables market application installation onto the SD card.
  • Wallpaper modifications – One wallpaper was removed and 2 new wallpapers were added..
  • Messaging Known Issue – Unfortunately Messaging has Stopped error has been resolved.

Even though it says it fixes messaging known issue I had no issue with the messaging til after this update. Now every once in a while when I open my recently used apps I see a small android character next to a blank "app" and when I open it for the app info I see "com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier". No clue what this is.

Is anyone having similar issues? Sprint and Samsung need to fix this issue ASAP, very inconvenient.

54 REPLIES 54
Journeyman

Re: Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Yes, same issue as well as a lot of others such as awful battery life, data connection errors and problems, heat, lag, etc.  This update screwed the pooch.

Journeyman

The battery life was great til after the update, now its just horrible since its always looking for a signal on wifi or data, terrible. sprint and samsung need to fix this mess asap.

Journeyman

You can fix the battery issue by disabling DRM Protected Content Storage in Application manager...

Journeyman

Thats not even the biggest problem though. I can get around the battery issue I can charge my phone anywhere. Its the data and wifi connectivity thats a problem. Text messaging is a huge pain when my data coverage is on and off constantly.

Journeyman

My issues are with wireless/mobile data connections.

I have noticed that the phone now drops-searches-connects both wireless and mobile (3g and 4g) data connections quite a bit and for no apparent reason. The phone is doing this so often it gets hot and eats away at the battery.

It is happening most often in areas where the signal is weak.  Pre last update though in weak areas the phone never went bonkers searching-dropping-searching like it does now though.

If I disable my wireless and mobile data connections when I notice this happening then my battery life goes back to normal.  If I am in an area with good signal then my battery life is normal.

Journeyman

True but if youre trying to send texts, emails, etc.. then its very inconvenient.

Journeyman

Anybody know yet what the "com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier" is? I'm guessing it has to do with the whole signal loss. Anyone in SPRINT want to input here......FIX IT

Journeyman

I thought it was just my phone.  I can't keep any widgets I add, my battery is terrible and I just got a new one, the Wi-Fi, what WI-Fi, is all I can say.

I had received a Sprint message about being able to fix (?) and that you had to do it through the computer because it was too big but the message went MIA and now I can't find any reference to this fix.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Journeyman

Not sure what you're talking about, haven't received any messages from Sprint yet.

As far as the widgets i'm having no trouble. But yeah the wifi and data are both acting terrible which is causing the crappy battery life.

Journeyman

Soon after the update, I noticed that my battery, which used to last an incredibly long time with frequent usage throughout the day, was draining much faster. I went from 1 charge per day to 2 charges. Coincidence? I think not. I have not had the phone very long! Please roll out another update and fix this! Or can I revert back to the previous version, PLEASE??

Journeyman

mir13,

Thanks for the post! Have you tried to update the frequently used app’s since latest update?  Also have you cleared the cache, this may help? While you are checking those, can I have your cross streets and zip code? I want to check the towers in your area. Let me know!

Lucia

Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat