cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

Journeyman

Re: Latest software update on Samsung Galaxy s4...sprint please fix

lboog1070 wrote:

I got the phone mid July. I've switched the batter, the charger and the phone. I removed all the apps I originally had downloaded and it still happens. The samsung guy I spoke with said its a sprint issue when the phone looks for wifi or it goes from 3g to 4g.  We tested it and thats when the notifier pops up. I also reset the phone cleared some kind of cache they asked me to clear.

Most of those who have had heating/battery drain problems after updating to MF9 AND performing a factory reset had bad batteries or were in low signal areas. At one point a bad version of the Google Play Store also caused issues, but a fix has since been released. While messing with the Google applications provides temporary relief, it is not the true solution. There are many of us on Sprint S4's who can get 16+ hours with heavy usage and everything enabled, while the lightest users can get days with most features disabled. If I leave my phone untouched, I lose 1-2% an hour.

How is the signal strength in your area? Does your phone maintain 5 bars or does it linger at a lower number? When you switched to your most recent phone, did you perform a factory reset after the MF9 update installed? Does your internal battery meter say what is using the most battery percentage?

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Signal constantly drops/switches to roaming/ lost internet connectivity. If I'm not on WiFi data rarely works well enough to stream Pandora. I've seen people on other forums are having similar issues. I've returned the phone to stock twice and it has not fixed the issue, I'm beyond pissed because I waited so long to get the phone and the connectivity is not worse than my GS1. If its not the phone but rather the Sprint network in downtown Dallas, then they will be losing another customer soon.

GrandMaster

seeing as how they are still deploying quite a few tower upgrades in Dallas and for that matter Texas in general im willing to go out on a limb and say its due to the upgrades..no one will truely know until you post your zip and cross streets to where you see the problem the most.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I provided my zip/ cross streets to a couple CSR's and they said there was no issue. It also doesn't explain why I had much better service with my old phone in the same location.

GrandMaster

a number of possible reasons. how long ago did you upgrade to the S4? was this prior to the upgrades happening all over or after the fact? not to mention most csr agents you call in to will be looking for an issue with the tower...not an upgrade..from what i understand they wont show up as the same thing. even though the tower being upgraded is down. unless it was posted in here on this same page none of the techs are going to go search out every post you have ever done to try and locate your zip and cross streets..if youre wanting someone to look into it and rule out things that ARENT the problem then post this info...if youre not wanting anyone to look into it then by all means keep on with what youre doing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I get this MIPErrorNotifier also.  As far as battery goes I don't use it too heavily, but i still feel like the battery life on this is not as efficient as advertised.   I just recently got my phone so i cant compare to before the latest update. 

Master

The error has to do with issues when the device goes between 3G and 4G, Chances are, they are doing upgrades in your area. That was happening to me too and now that 4G is somewhat stable in here, I don't see that error anymore.

Battery went down the drain after the new update, which you should have gotten already installed in the phone. Hopefully soon there should be a new update coming that might take care of this issue.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

heh..i forgot to ask. how is it going down there in LV? i havent spotted a lot of action in that thread for Las Vegas in a while..wasnt sure if it got shut down or if things were moving more quickly than was expected.

Master

I was overseas for 3 weeks and when I got back it seams that the 4G LTE coverage is bigger then when I left, and the cell coverage has improved too. Lucky me lol

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

i expected nothing less..not gonna lie though i expected it to not move along this quickly though lol..you charting it out with sensorly?

GrandMaster

also did you at least bring me something cool back? i would settle for odd ball slippers from some random vendor...last time i was over seas i came back with a mink blanket lol..

Master

lol, I have to say my wife loaded me up with stuff she wanted (and she was here in the US). lol. As far as testing, just from my phone, I'll see that most of the times it is under 4G now. No testing done on speed, so I can't say anything yet lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat