Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Update

Go to solution
Journeyman

Lollipop Update

When is lollipop supposed to come out for Samsung Galaxy S4? My sister has the Samsung Galaxy S4 through Verizon and she got her update yesterday. Searched for when Sprint is going to launch and it's "undetermined." One more reason that makes me think about changing carriers after 16 years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GrandMaster

Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - versionOD2

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
GrandMaster

which S4 do you have? makes a bit of a difference.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have SPH-L720.

GrandMaster

k so you have the non tri band version of the S4.. personally i wouldnt be jumping up and down for this update..it does bring in some semi cool things but honestly if you pop over to Verizon and look at the issues they are seeing you will probably want to wait. this update was pretty big and brought in all kinds of issues ESPECIALLY with Sammy devices..might even go look at the S5 and S5 sport forums to see what they have been going through with it so far.

Journeyman

Will the updates help with my connection issues?  Seems that I'll have 4G LT and then go drop to no service or 3G. 

GrandMaster

probably not..OS updates dont usually go into that part of the phone. it might make a slight change but its usually only a change up to add in new features and to fix some older features that are still in the phone etc.

have any of the agents looked at your closest towers for possible issues? are your issues while inside a building or outside?

Journeyman

Yes, I've called and where I work, I'm surrounded by towers and have been told that I should have really strong signals and the same where I live, but I don't stay in 4G LTE.

I've been thinking about changing carriers, seems that Verizon, no matter where you are in San Antonio, the signal is always strong.  Since this update isn't going to do anything for that part of my service, maybe this is a good time to change...

GrandMaster

thats fully up to you. im leaning towards the towers arent fully deployed as of yet with the upgrades so one tower might be lit up but the closer one might not be..right there would be one reason you keep flip flopping back and forth..if the LTE signal drops a bit the phone will automatically chose the stronger of the 2.

Journeyman

they had it originally plan to start rolling out on April 16th but they decided to pull the update when every other carrier is getting it already for their s4s... leave it to sprint to f their customers. . They only care about money and upgrades

Journeyman

Also the lollipop update is amazing have it on my note 4 and there is 0 issues ... only people having issues are the ones that shouldn't have a smart phone and don't know how to do a factory reset after a reset

Journeyman

I know, my sister has the exact same phone with Verizon and she got her update and is having no issues, either. 

GrandMaster

i recommend jumping over the the S5 forum and telling them this lol..FR does nothing for them after the LP update..only thing that has fixed a ton of their issues was the bug fix update kicked out starting yesterday.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat