cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop update?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Lollipop update?

which is no different than any other carriers updates out there..if it were only carrier based i guess the S5 on Verizon wouldnt be running into the same exact issues that the Sprint version is right?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any news on a release date yet? I hate that Sprint seems to always be the "last to release"...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if it makes you feel any better Verizon hasnt released it yet either...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your Samsung Galaxy S 4

Last Updated: Apr 16, 2015

Software Updates - Samsung Galaxy S 4

• Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
  • If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Check the current device software:

Manually check for updates:

Current version:

• L720TVPUCOD1

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

L720TVPUCOD1 04/16/2015
  • OS upgrade to Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
  • Samsung Factory Reset Protection
L720TVPUBOA3 02/04/2015
  • Wi-Fi Calling Enhancements
L720TVPUBNG5 08/27/2014
  • HD Voice Icon support
  • International Wi-Fi Calling support
  • Google security patches
L720TVPUBNC6 04/09/2014
  • Wi-Fi Calling
L720TVPUBNAF 02/20/2014
  • OS upgrade to Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
  • Zact Mobile compatibility (It's On)
  • Prevention Pop-up removal
L720TVPUAMK5 12/20/2013
  • Initial Release
Highlighted
Journeyman

So... Sprint continues to drag their feet releasing this update when half the world already has it! Why they can't release some real dates and set expectations I just don't understand. This is complete BS. Android updates need to be controlled and released by Google, skipping the carriers.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

then get a nexus phone instead. updates straight from google.

the updates arent pushed by the carriers..they get it and test it sure..but then its pushed back to the manufacturer of that phone and THEY release it as long as everything is working the way it should.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is the upgrade going to do that you can't live without?  Do you even know?

It's shiny and different?  Change for the sake of change?

The performance increase is going to be minor at best.

You'll have to learn a new interface.

It's going to be buggy and break things.

It's NOT going to add any bands.

It's NOT going to add VOIP.

It's NOT going to do anything that is so important that you MUST have it now.

So why are so many users throwing these tantrums?

I don't understand it at all.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its been this way since the first smart phone kicked out lol.

personally im a big fan of the people that demand it because thats what theyre paying for...for real? youre paying for updates to the phone? i thought you were paying for service to make calls and such?

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of the 4.4.2 update, battery life dropped off a cliff. It's not hardware to blame. It's 4.4.2. I had to format the cache partition every few days to manage the problem. Routinely, "Android OS", as reported in the battery usage setting screen, would go from 15% on a good day up to 30% or even 75% on a bad day. I would sometimes wake up late because my fully charged battery vanished overnight due to this bug. Angry users were hoping for 5.0 to fix this... or at least some repair to the situation.

I use the past tense here, because last week I switched to an LG phone and T Mobile as my new carrier. The new Samsung phones abandoned the removable battery and SD card in favor of permanently sealed iPhone design. Sprint hadn't bowled me over with their communication or customer service either, so I left. Best of luck to the GS4 users still waiting for Sprint and/or Samsung to fix what they ruined.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Many of us, myself included, are hoping that the update will fix the bugs seen with this piece of crap phone. Yes I can live without the upgrade, but that doesn't mean I want to keep paying for service that is hit and miss with this phone. I like Samsung products, I buy there TVs, phones, microwave, and watches, but this S4 has major problems.

I am so tired of pulling my battery out multiple times a day just so I can receive text messages. I had the S3 and was very very happy with it. Thought I would try the S4, and I wish I never had. Here is why I am eager for the update to come out.

1. Have to remove the battery multiple times a day to fully receive text messages. I need to be able to receive messages and calls in a timely manner for work, so yes this is a necessity. I get the dreaded 4504 error. Sprint has been aware of this issue for a long time and I have seen many of your posts regarding the issue. No updates to fix the issue as of yet, hopefully the android update will help. I have another S4 my wife uses and she sees the same thing, this is unacceptable.

2. The picture gallery crashes all the time and once again pulling the battery so I can see pictures. This includes pictures that are sent in text messaging. Once again related to being able to make informed decisions for work.

3. Sprint zone never works, always configuring. this is more of just an inconvenience, but you would think they would at least get that app right. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success. Who knows maybe it does take over a year to configure.

4. Bars are full and LTE star is spinning yet I can not make any calls, send any messages, or access the internet. In this case removing the battery does not work, I just have to wait. This could be a network issue or software issue or a combination. Still unacceptable.

5. Pictures will randomly go all black. Could be a hardware issue but I doubt it.

So I could really care less about any new features that the update may or may not bring. What I am paying for is a phone that works, and this one doesn't. Many of us just want the phone to do the basic tasks it is supposed to do, and hopefully an update will alleviate some of our problems. So instead of complaining about those who are anxious about this update coming out, look at it from our point of view. We have a phone that we just want to work properly and our last hope is this update that is late coming out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is 6/8/15 and the update for the Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720T) still had not OTA for my phone. My wife and 2 kids phones were updated 2 weeks ago. WTF????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I HAVE MINE LAST NIGTH ,

I HAVE TO FORCE OTA IN ORDER TO GET IT

GO TO:

1-SETTING

2-MORE

3-APPLICATION MANAGER

4-ALL

5-LOOK FOR GOOGLE  SERVICE FRAMEWORK

6-CLEAR DATA

7-CLEAR CACHE

8-FORCE STOP

9- GO BACK TO SYSTEM UPDATE

TRY THAT TO SEE IF WORKS FOR U

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat