Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging on S4

Patron

Messaging on S4

I am having a problem sending and receiving messages on my Galaxy S4. When I click on the messaging icon it brings up my inbox for a quick second and then it kicks me back out to the home screen and a dialog box pops up that reads: "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped." I cant send messages at all. I've called sprint about the problem with no luck, I always end up having to do a master reset. Can anybody help me with this problem? Is anyone else having this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Messaging on S4

Unfortunately I have the same problem.. turn the wifi off!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

power cycle the phone would be my first attempt at fixing it..to be honest for the short time i DID have this phone i didnt have any issues with messaging...didnt matter if i was on wifi or not..worked like a charm..yank the battery for a couple minutes and then throw it back in and attempt it again..post what you see

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had they same problem today so I did a soft reset and no luck.  found this post and thought I'd try turning the wifi off and the problem is gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having problem with messaging, and I have tried everything.  My messaging is disabled and there appears to be no way to enable it.  Not getting anywhere.  So right now it looks like I will have to take the phone into the store and let them try and figure it out.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat