cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

Journeyman

Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

i just got this s4 and im not sure if this happened before or after the update. i got ths phone about 2 weeks ago and it came loaded with android 4.3.

i noticed mobile date toggle is missing. is this normal? since i didnt have this phone when it was running 4.1, i have no clue if this is a bad software download, a glitch, or just how it is

can someone please tell me????

attached are a few screenshots of my software version and a screenshot of my actual drop down menu with toggles

Screenshot_2014-01-31-19-14-18.png

Screenshot_2014-01-31-19-14-22.png

Message was edited by: cpstaley1029

18 REPLIES 18
Master

Re: Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

cpstaley1029, 

With the 4.3 update the mobile network mode doesn't appear on the notification panel. I have provided the feedback. 

Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Re: Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

it definitely did for me i guess. again, as seen in my screenshots, it is missing. i have read around and  this happened to several people.

if not should i go into sprint and have them look at my phone?

Master

cpstaley1029,

Hmm. You should still be able to get into Mobile Data network by going into Menu-Settings-More Networks- and either checking or unchecking the Mobile Data box. Are you able to access data at all? Let me know, I am happy to work with you on this.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

yes i can access mobile data through settings but not through the drop down notifications menu. I went into the Sprint store and they said since 4.3, the toggle in notification is no longer available

Master

cpstaley1029,

I checked with someone on our team who has the same device, and the icon is not there either. I have submitted the info to Samsung. I apologize for the frustration.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I just did the 4.3 update today because my phone was acting up. After the update the Mobile Data toggle that has been there since I bought the phone is no longer in its place on the notification drop down. This is quite annoying as I frequently toggle off all data and going through the five step process to deactivate mobile data through settings is an outrageous solution.

Journeyman

This may be another football where profit was in mind.  Imo, the people who use the data choker, which stops everything but phone calls and texts, are the type who WILL use it somehow, and simply get annoyed at Sprint/Sam for removing it.  Ergo, put it back, please.

FWIW, depending on your flava of android, and app permissions, I have heard that even this notification box switch can be overridden.  This may be why it was removed?  But have no fear, "There's an app for that." Its called

"ON-OFF Data" and it is in the Google Appyard for free.  Last I checked.. caveat: I never update working apps.

This is a widget app.  It means the app creates a pane.. that pane is the same size as an icon.  Its just a button, that lights on or off, to show if your data is on. It works well, but takes 1-3 seconds to activate the first time you click it, as it loads.  I have sometimes tapped it twice while waiting, but easy to tap a third time if that happens.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS APP, if you came with this problem.  Its better than the notification toggle.

TIPS:  Put the toggle button on a side screen, so you do not cut your data off accidentally, and miss something.  Notice the 3g or 4g next to your signal meter, usually it will go off when you turn off the data.. most phones.  Once you have made the widget (same size as an icon) remove the launch icon from your screens.  It only brings up the page telling you to add the widget.  (Or leave it if you are new to this or confused; its only a desktop shortcut)

This was my first post.. hi everybody! :-

Master

S4fz1234,

Is this the only change that you have made note of or noticed since the update? Let me see if I can find another way to do this outside of the notification menu. I got your back!

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

SprintCare,

Thanks for the reply.  I have noticed many changes to the S4's 4.3 OS and most changes are not an issue, aside from the added MobileTracker.apk I am not happy about, and for being unable to remove Sprint bloatware.  There are a few battery drains from new Sprint bloatware background activity, I disabled background data on most apps and keep data off unless I am using it, hence the missing MobileData Toggle being biggest issue in regards to usability.  I created a home screen widget(WiFi,MobileData,DataOff) to get me by until the notification toggle is added back.  I really wish All involved would quit messing with features and permissions within Android. Unfortunately with every upgrade comes at least a day of workarounds to get back to normal operation, a SmartPhone is only as smart as the one who programs its OS and Apps

So if you truly "Have our Back!" then lets get a fix in place and rolled out to the masses quickly, before an S5 comes out or before another Carrier comes along and promises better customer service.

FZ

Master

S4fz1234,

I understand that changes to a device can be difficult, especially when it is a change that affects your day to day use of the device. These threads are monitored and the more people who speak up about this the quicker Corp will pick up on this. The issue is that Sprint does not make these updates. You would need to really get the attention of Google and Samsung to get the ball rolling quicker. Have you contacted either company to get info about this situation?

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with the update. The mobile data toggle is no longer available. Not a huge issue but it would be nice to still have it. I'm thinking this is an issue with Samsung's touchwiz software and hopefully they will fix it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat