cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

IanB1234 I definitely agree, when ever there is an update things changes, sometimes major and subtle in other cases. Feel free to contact Samsung directly for further information on any possible fix for this issue.

Chris
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Missing mobile data toggle in drop down box.. where did it go? is it just me?

Hey guys, this issue is also present on the GalaxyS 3. The sprint care reps in this thread have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, I got a quick answer from a knowledgable person in my thread. And basically this is the answer I got..."We are not going to attempt to solve your issue, have a nice day."

Sprint purposefully removed the data toggle switch to trick people into leaving data on and the rep in my thread does not deny that and confirms that it was purposefully removed by corporate devleopers. Sprint is not legally allowed to remove services from our contract without our permission, the same should go for the software on the phones pertaining to key features that directly impact contracts and pricing. In other words, Sprint is being deceptive and unethical, SURPRISE....here's a link to my thread.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/783640

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i fail to see where the social care rep told you "we are not going to attempt to solve your issue, have a nice day"

i DO however see that it was something that came along after the JB update and was removed not only from sprints version but also att's and verizons..which means it was more than likely done by either google or Samsung.. im leaning more towards Samsung seeing as how im running KK on my HTC One and have the toggle right there blinking me in the face...then again maybe sprint went into cohorts with att and verizon to do some mass trick on people..in other words this isnt some conspiracy theory deal here..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also for what its worth you had a couple confused people post in your thread wondering what youre even talking about and what they noticed with their devices.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's nice that you're chosing to not read the entire posts. Whoever removed the data switch, it's just too inconvenient for it not to be an issue for me.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

then for now grab a 3rd party toggle from the play store until it gets figured out. and yes i did read the entire post...especially the ones from the sprint care reps...nice to see you enjoy rewording what others post though..that does seem to help your side while doing that..congrats to you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2741413 this link will take you to where I got my data toggle in zip form for flashing in recovery.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat