cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO videos working after update

Highlighted
Journeyman

NO videos working after update

i can't get any videos to play in any app Since the update and It's a pain. Anyone know the cause or the fix

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Master

I have not read anything about people having that issue. I know it's a pain, but try doing a restore on the phone, should take care of it, maybe you had youtube or another player open when you started the update.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

this is so strange but I turned my wifi off and now I can play videos etc

Highlighted
Master

hmmm weird

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have d same issue, after 4.3 update YouTube and fb videos stopped working. NBA videos still works though. Any ideas how to fix this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tinklestarling

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear about your device issue.

What type of device do you have? Try to power cycle the device the update the profile. This will reconnect you to the network. 

Let me know if this help. I’m here for you.  

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Randi -

I am experiencing the same issue as listed above.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and since the 4.3 update, I am unable to play any YouTube videos - i am able to browse and select videos to play, but when they go to play, I get "Connection to server lost. Touch to retry".  If I disable Wi-Fi and use YouTube on 4G-LTE, the video loads and plays correctly.  I have power-cycled my device, updated my profile, forgot my wi-fi connection and added it back, removed and added my google account, and continue to experience the problem.

My laptop loads the youtube videos without fail connected to Wi-Fi, so the router doesn't appear to be blocking the traffic.  I have the same problem on other Wi-Fi networks as well.  Disabling Wi-Fi will allow me to play videos if I have a 4G signal.

I have seen previous threads that indicate AdBlock application has caused problems in the past.  I do not have AdBlock installed.  The issue started right after the 4.3 update installed to my phone.

Thanks,
Steven

Highlighted
Journeyman

rawkhownd

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you’re having device issues. I’ll be happy to help.

Please send me a Pm with your name, number, and 6 to 10 digit pin to the account or the security question and the device UICC ID. You can find the UICC ID under Setting > More tab > About device > Status.

Thank you

*Randi 

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are having the same issues. My husband and I have the same phone. Since the update my phone can play videos and his couldn't. He restarted and it worked again for one video then stopped working again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here. Also Pandora will not work

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. If there is a solution I would really like to know.

Highlighted
Master

what error does it give you?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat