Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update messed up gs4 sprint zone app and so card

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Update messed up gs4 sprint zone app and so card

My Sprint Zone app stopped working after my phone was updated to the new 4.4.2

I only see an android figure and when I tap on it, it says Content Update Error.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone has been corrupted from an update as well. Sprint zone is gone and replaced with mobile zone. Mobile zone does not open. It says 'content update error'. I would like all the features I pay for to work. I called Sprint support and went to the store where I purchased the phone for support. Neither could resolve my issue. I have been a Verizon customer since 1998 and just recently switched to Sprint. Maybe it was a mistake. Please prove me wrong!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can now fix your phone yourself instead of having to go to Sprint or the Samsung place at Best Buy.  Download Samsung Kies software.  You can load a clean version of NC6 (wi-fi calling update) using Kies.  If you've already gotten the sprint update and your phone is messed up, go to the "Tools" menu in Kies, select "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization".  This will wipe your phone completely - which is what sprint or samsung would do anyway.  You can do it yourself though with Kies.

If you haven't taken the update from Sprint, you can simply do the Firmware Upgrade from Kies and you will get a clean flash and you won't lose your data and settings.

If you're more adventurous, you can download the full NC6 ROM from sammobile.com and flash it with Odin.  You can do this even if you've already taken the update from Sprint.  This method also will let you keep your data and settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cooljb, can you explain more? I'm having this same problem but I'm not understanding your explanation on how to fix. First, I cann't find the Samsung Kies software to download.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go here to download Kies:

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Select Windows or Mac depending on what kind of computer you have.  You want Kies 3 (if you're on Windows).  Once you install it, just open it up and plug your phone into your computer using the usb cable that came with your phone.  Kies will conncect to your phone.  Once Kies shows your phone as connected, go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the Kies window and select "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization" (this is if you've already updated your phone and it's messed up).  Follow the instructions on the screen.  This will wipe everything off your phone and load the newest software version fresh to your phone.  This is basically like formatting your hard drive on your computer and re-loading windows.  I believe during the process it gives you the option to back up your settings.  I have not tried that, but theoretically you should be able to get all your settings back once you reload the phone's software.  Doing this will wipe everything from your phone.  You will have to re-install all your apps and re-do all your settings (unless you back them up and restore them afterwards).  Unfortunately this is the only way to fix the problems.  And this is what sprint or samsung would do if you took it to them.

The Odin method is a little more difficult and I would not recommend it if you're not a computer geek, because there are a lot of ways you could really mess up your phone using Odin if you're not careful.  Using Kies is pretty safe - you can't really mess anything up.  If you think you want to give it a go, there are many youtube videos about flashing android using Odin.  Just search for "Odin samsung s4".  Here's a good one:

How to Flash Official Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 by Odin - YouTube

You can download the official Samsung ROMS from sammobile.com.  The benefit of using the Odin method is you won't lose your data and settings.  But again, if you're not pretty computer literate, I would advise against using the Odin method.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Master

jsun1974,

Thanks for posting. I understand it can be frustrating when an app isn't working on the phone. I definitely want to remedy this issue. Are you able to connect to the web on your phone?

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

jsun1974 and srt8392 (and others) If you're still having trouble with the Mobile Zone app, you might try going into your Application Manager and uninstalling the updates to Mobile Zone.  You should then be able to download the updated version again.  At times, a new version comes through corrupted (this happened to me with Facebook a while back) and even though the app can't be completely uninstalled, uninstalling and then re-installing the update often resolves issues with it.  Give it a shot, if you have trouble, let us know.  We'd love to help.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was told the same thing by another representative but I told him or her that I don't see anything that says Uninstall Updates on the account manager or Sprint Zone app. I was recommended to visit a store

Highlighted
Master

go to settings - more - Application Manager - slide to All - select Sprint Zone and clear cache and data.

I hope this helps

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Cooljb, I downloaded Kies but it won't connect to my phone. Says "Connection or use may be restricted if device access is prohibited by your computer". I have no idea how to change this if it is restricted. Any thoughts? Windows 8. Thanks for all your help.

Highlighted
Master

Do you have admin privileges in the comp? try to right click and select run as administrator when you open Kies

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue with my phone. I can no longer find Sprint Zone on my app menu and see this android named Mobile Zone. Another thing is that the phone displays my network as Samsung, not Sprint. I barely got the GS4 a week ago as a replacement & it already had Sprint Spark built in.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat