cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update messed up gs4 sprint zone app and so card

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Update messed up gs4 sprint zone app and so card

Having same problem.  I was out of town and no internet at all!! Could not use phone to navigate, could not open text messages with photos I received. Could not get on internet at all.  All I got for three days was" unable to connect, please check your internet connection."   I spent way too much time stopping what I was doing and trying to get connected.  I was in a major US city so I know they have Sprint and I should in no way be having such problems. Totally added undue stress to my trip. Had to wait till I got home to get on Wi-Fi (on I-Pad) and find out that this is a issue Sprint is having. If you read the blogs here it sounds like we are in big trouble.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  The tech that helped me last night was able to get lgt. service back (for now) but I still have the issue with Sprint Zone gone and Mobile Zone replacing it and not working. Then this morning I was having trouble getting on my sprint acct on my computer to put my info in on these blogs.  Called customer care to report that I still had problems with Sprint Zone/Mobile Zone.  Not real confident when she said "we will get this fixed Mrs. Smith" MY NAME IS NOT SMITH!!!!  Yep.... really happened.

Highlighted
Master

cgkappy - Thanks for alerting us of the issues you're experiencing. What issues are you having with the Sprint Zone app in particular? *Julian
Highlighted
Journeyman

The sprint zone app disappeared....It is nowhere on my phone....I went in and looked everywhere !  I now have an app (like many here) called Mobile Zone.  If I try to use it all I get is  "unfortunately Mobile Zoe has stopped" with an OK button you have to press to get it to close.  This is a Sprint app....It will not let you Uninstall, reinstall from play store (is not in play store at all...!!!) or any of the other things Sprint CS has told people to do.  When I go to troubleshoot on Sprint site it tells you to click on the Sprint Zone app.........UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Master

Cooljb posted some helpful info regarding the software refresh via Kies, many ppl found it helpful fixing the issues after the WiFi calling update. Give that a try.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Referenced in another thread (last post).

Doesn't look like the sprint zone issue has a fix yet (unless you drop back out of nc6 maybe) nor does sprint have a good method of disseminating this info to all it's people...seems like there should be an app for that.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F157736

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cooljb,

Thank you so much for your guidance. !!

After the latest update from Sprint to my and my wife's Galaxy S4 adding WiFi calling both phones switched to Samsung network instead of Sprint and the data connection went away. Also the Sprint Spark banner at boot disappeared. I went to the Sprint store and all they did was the ##72786# reset. This brought back 3G but not Sprint Spark and not LTE .  I followed your Kies wipe and reload method also including the Kies backup and restore. I did it on both phones. My suggestion is to set aside some time to do this task.

Thanks again,

K

Highlighted
Journeyman

This happened to me also about two weeks ago. We just upgraded to the S4 about a month before the S5 came out. My gfs phone must updated before mine. So she lost all connectivity and the Sprint Zone app icon. Then mine updated and I asked her if her phone was working correctly. She said her's hadn't worked in like 2 weeks. Calls would go right voicemail. Text wouldn't send and she had NO INTERNET. We were paying for all of this for about a month too. PLUS the ahole salesmen said we don't use a lot of data, had us downgrade to 1GB a month and left our data on! About halfway home and the phones still updating, our data warning kicks in and says we've used 75% of our data for the month! So she called and complained. They said she could upgrade or go over. NICE! No one has helped or even bothered to refund us or anything. When I called no one knew about this UPGRADE ERROR. Looks like you all have the same issues and, SERIOUSLY, NO ONE AT SPRINT has this problem???? Seems like this fix should be texted to us ASAP. OH and another complaint about SPRINT. Went to a local sprint store, not where I bought it because I was P.O.ed at the sales guy, and they were GONE. Vacant Lot. The neighboring store clerk said there were packing all there stuff up at 3am one morning into unmarked white vans and left before dawn! WTH is up with that? Sounds wicked sketchy. NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED WITH SPRINT! OH and I have AAA, told the sales guy about it. Told me there's a better discount for Credit Union members, tells me to download an app and enter my info in. Still no discount! Didn't waive the activation fee like he said. Can't believe how horrible you guys are. Should have gone to my gfs carrier VERIZON!!!!! Had amazing service with 4G on my S3. Upgraded and have had nothing but problems. Is it the Network? The Phone? Come on SPRINT. GIVE US AN ANSWER!!!!

Highlighted
Master

Icculus74 -- This situation must be frustrating for you. One of our Social Care representatives can review your account to ensure that your issues are addressed. Please send a private message to 'SprintCare' with your Sprint phone number, account PIN or the answer to your security question, and copy/paste this conversation for reference. Thank you. *Julian
Highlighted
Journeyman

ktobin88 recently posted a fix for the sprint zone issue.

Tried it on 2 of my tri-bands and sprint zone is back and functional.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.refreshDevice

Highlighted
Master

cjbwave1, Thanks for posting that helpful information. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have.
Thanks
Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat