cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 32GB Option for Samsung Galaxy S4

Highlighted
Journeyman

No 32GB Option for Samsung Galaxy S4

I noticed on the pre-order page the option to select 16GB or 32GB does not exist on the Samsung Galaxy S4;  Will Sprint not offer the 32GB version?

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: No 32GB Option for Samsung Galaxy S4

KWUBBALLA,

Thanks for posting.

I haven't seen a 32GB version but that doesn't mean there may not be one. I am just really not sure at this point.

I do know that the device will have an SD Card slot that supports up to 64GB of storage space. Combined with the current internal, that's a potential 80GB of storage space.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

I was so excited to see the pre-order for the S4 but SUPER BUMMED to find out that it's only for the 16GB!

What's up with giving new customers a break on the price but making devoted customers pay more?

Shame on you Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I currently have 32GB S3, and I will not upgrade to S4 until at least 32GB is available.  Sprint, please have 32GB for S4, too.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Chris,

Unfortunately having an ext 64GB SD card does not do a whole lot of good if you are only allowed to download your apps to the 16GB (really more like 12GB) of on-board storage. There is not an option to move apps to the ext SD card.  I like playing games like NOVA and Modern Combat which are ~3-4GB each so you can see where this becomes an issue.

Do you have anyway of finding out if a 32GB version will be available since you are on the inside?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to chime in that both my wife and I are also very disappointed Sprint is not offering the 32GB version from the get-go.  I can foresee them offering it in the near future, once many people have gotten the 16GB version... and they will feel gypped.

Why would I buy a 16GB version now (at the same price AT&T is offering the 32GB version), when I can assume the 32GB version will come out in the near future?  Neither my wife or I are the kind of people who buy a new phone every time a new iteration is released.  We will likely use this phone for the next 2 years or so, when we become eligible for an upgrade (we are both currently using 1st Gen Galaxy S phones).  We will not be shackled by the limitations 16GB will likely cause before the 2 years is up!  And if you're naive enough to believe 16GB will be plenty enough space after 2 years, you must have zero idea how rapidly technology, and its associated space requirements, progresses!

I am also a little annoyed about the $100 discount Sprint is offering new customers, but mainly because they are expecting long time customers to pay the same price for 16GB that AT&T is selling the 32GB version.  Come on Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree.  This 16gb junk is for the birds.  I feel that I also am being gyped by Sprint for offering the phone at the $250 price when other carriers are offering it cheaper.

I was already angry that we wouldn't be getting the 8 core chip and getting the snapdragon version (samsung's fault) instead.  Also upset that the 64GB version will not be available in the US so yeah, I'm VERY that I have waited and waited for this phone to come out and to find out that I can only get it in 16GB?

Seriously, you guys screwed up royally.  I hope people read these forums and understand what Sprint does with its loyal customers - go somewhere else if you don't want to get screwed.

Now with that being said, the tech support is pretty good.  I haven't had any complaints about them as they always help me. 

But with some of the customer support and some of the people (NOT ALL MIND YOU) in their stores, THEY SUCK.  I can count on two hands the people who were super great at Sprint.  A few still work for sprint and others have gone on to better things.

Bad business decision and not purchasing S4 for that ridiculous price. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the info.  Since I'm still on an older device, I haven't kept up too well with the latest Android OS versions.  I didn't realize that App2SD support is gone in newer versions of Android and thus newer devices.  As if Sprint's $50+ higher price for the S4 than other carriers wasn't enough to make me think twice, now I have to consider if I want a 16GB device.  It seems like 32GB will be *far* better if you can't put your apps on the SD card.  I absolutely rely on app2sd on my device running Gingerbread.  Granted, a new device will have far more memory than my current one, but I'm still reluctant to buy the smallest memory model, especially if I don't have the ability to store apps on the SD card.  Now I'd really like to know (a) Is a 32GB version coming?  (b) Is a 64GB version coming?  I've seen it talked about.  (c) In both cases, when can we expect it if it is coming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It will be coming to other carriers as some of them have already published pricing for it.  Sprint however has the usual response... "There is only a 16GB version"  and "we cannot comment on future product availability". 

Much like their coverage and expansion plans we are kept in the dark until we actually spot the device/tower being updated...  Samsung has definately produced the GSM version with 16GB,32GB and 64GB, there's no telling if the CDMA version has been released or will be...

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm certainly no hardware expert, but if the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB versions of the S4 are all the same except for the amount of memory, how hard can it be to produce?  You said they already made GSM versions.  And we know there's a CDMA version in 16GB.  Computer RAM is pretty easy to add, replace, upgrade, etc.  Phones shouldn't be drastically different -- change a phone's 16GB memory card (or whatever) to 32GB or 64GB shouldn't be all that difficult.

If the 32GB and/or 64GB devices are coming, I'd like an official announcement to that effect.  I have to agree that Sprint really does seem to hold back on announcements sometimes, and that can be frustrating.  I guess they're afraid people will try to hold them to every single word they say, but I think if they just specify "unconfirmed" or something to indicate when things are not certain, they should be fine.  It would be better than keeping us in the dark -- people want information, and Sprint really should keep us informed better than they do sometimes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree about the SD card. Making the issue worse, the 16gb model will only have about 9gb available for the user. Not even an option as far as I'm concerned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung has stated that availability of the 32GB (or 64GB) is 100% the decision of the channel/carrier as to when they would provide the certain model.  While talking with Sprint customer service, they cite that they've only "seen the 16GB" version.  I'm waiting for any US carrier to release the 32GB and will not wait around for Sprint to keep playing games about device and LTE service issues

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat