No 32GB Option for Samsung Galaxy S4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No 32GB Option for Samsung Galaxy S4

I was told by a rep they would get 32 gb

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did  they happen to say when this was going to happen? Was this rep in a store or customer support?

Highlighted
Wizard

flugelt,

Thanks for the post. The S4 can take a sd card to expand the available memory to 32 or 64 gb. This is an option. As for the promo. Its for porting a number over to Sprint. It does not specifically need you to be a new customer. If you have a number that can be ported in and already have an account with us, you would be eligible for the promo. We run new promos all the time. We should have a new one coming soon.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

k77bs

Thanks for the post. Sprint has not made any announcements of when they will offer a 32+Gb device yet. If we do we will update our newsroom. www.sprint.com/newsroom .

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

6970buggypilot,

Thanks for the link. This is great news. i read the article and I like the way they put who broke it. That was great. Hopefully the update fixes this as I can see the need for it. putting apps on the card is kinda a big deal.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

From what I have researched the update only allows the placement of the app itself on the card, however any information (which does build up quite a bit over a 2yr contract, times x number of apps) tied to that app is still stored directly on the phone itself. It is now July 4th. We have been waiting to hear whether the 32gb variant of this phone will be coming to sprint. I think customers that are trying to remain loyal to a service they generally know, like, and trust deserve to know at bare minimum if the Marketing team is ATTEMPTING to get this phone from Samsung. I have suspected all along this is a supplier issue on Samsung's end and the phone carriers are trying not to bash them by broken recording "we have no clue if/when." but a little more information on the phone coming/not coming to sprint is due now. The demand seems high with 410 current signatures, and likely many that haven't bothered to sign as of yet. We are very interested in this phone with 32gb space (expandability is irrelevant to most here), we are NOT interested in a 16gb version.  PLEASE/Thank You  more Information!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for writing this. 

You are absolutely right.

The demand seems high with 410 current signatures, and likely many that haven't bothered to sign as of yet.

I can't imagine it's so hard to get the 32GB version for Sprint.

They might be holding out for the other variants of S4 ( The Active and the Zoom).

Either way this is no way to treat their customers.

This is appalling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are right that it should not be hard to obtain a product that is in high demand. Just remember that Samsung and many other phone manufacturers have had trouble in the past keeping up with demand of highly anticipated phones. I suspect that when I read Samsung cut back on production of the S4 it was only the 16gb model so that they can shift gears towards production of not only their spin offs, but of the higher capacity S4 as well. At least we can hope this is the case!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now both AT&T and Verizon are selling 32 gb versions which tells me that there is no exclusivity contract and Sprint could indeed sell the 32gb. Samsung's sales of the 16 gb S4 were disappointing, and I bet they are trying to move the inventory.  In any case, now that you can move some apps to SD, is it such a huge issue now?  I have a 64 gb microUSB card ready and waiting.

Highlighted
Wizard

cityw5,

Thanks for the post. There is going to be an update to the S4 allowing you to move apps to the SD card. Hopefully this helps with memory space since the device is expandable up to 64 GB.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what are the guys in marketing saying about getting a 32gb assuming 427 of the petitioners can care less about the update? I am sure they are waiting to see how the update improves upon the16gb sales, but what would it take for sprint to stop white knuckling their way down the safe road and get us a phone we've been asking for? Is the same thing going to happen for the next hot phones to come out? Are you planning on letting AT&T and Verizon to beat you to all the nice exclusives? How about colors, other variants like the active, zoom, mini (for those that are interested)? Is sprint going to bother to get them, or give us real answers about our queries, or will we keep seeing slightly off topic political responses?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat