cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?

Journeyman

Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?

rising777 wrote:

Another media report on the drawback to only offering the 16GB version of the S4:

MicroSD isn't a benefit on 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4, with less than 10GB for apps | ZDNet

Stay informed.

Thanks for the links! Too bad Sprint hasn't replied to my inquiry, but they'll have to answer soon. The masses won't wait for long.

Journeyman

jgo304 wrote:

Root it, there will be probably 10 solid roms out in the next month and the Galaxy's are simple to root.

That 9 gigs will quickly turn to about 13 gigs without the sprint BS.  Also you will be able to use a 32 or 64 gig class 10 card to moves apps and such.

I mean you could go with the HTC one with only has 32 gigs total which is exactly why I just bought the S4.

As I'm sure you've found out by now, you cannot move apps to the SD card. Also, why should consumers have to root their phones? Let's say you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak, but the waiter brings you a salad instead, saying "Well if you don't like it you can go to the kitchen and cook your own steak." -- would that be acceptable to you as well? What if you went to the post office to mail a handwritten greeting card to a loved one across town, but the postal clerk refused to mail it and told you "Just drive over there, it's only an hour away.". Yes, we can do these things, but we pay good money to not have to! If I pay $300 or more for an electronic device, it had better work properly and fully without any hacking interventions. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with your car, the insurance company might tell you "just go under the hood and fix it yourself" and then you'd get what I'm saying!

Journeyman

rising777 wrote:

That being said, it appears that on at least one front, Sprint (perhaps due to Samsung's prodding) has allowed the removal of the SIM card (for the GSM antenna) in the S4:

Galaxy S4 - World Phone

Feel free to pm me if you wish to respond as I do not want to hi-jack this thread.

Excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make if the sim card can be removed or not? I do not understand the significance of that part of your reply?

BTW, Hey SPRINT/SAMSUNG, this having 8.6 gigs available of an advertised 16gig phone is B/S and false advertisement fine print, user agreement, terms of service whatever, you know it, we know it and WE will remember it too. As for me, im in for another 2 years. That will mean I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years at the end of my new contract. Not only have I been purposely mislead I got charged more too. Its a great phone but a lie by omission is still a lie and we have been plain outright lied too. NOT COOL at all, but shame on me. I was wondering why NO CARRIER had a demo phone on display prior to release. NOW I KNOW!!!

Journeyman

Another media report on the drawback to only offering the 16GB version of the S4:

MicroSD isn't a benefit on 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4, with less than 10GB for apps | ZDNet

Stay informed.

Journeyman

I mostly agree with the POV of the OP, and have posted similarly on other threads.  For those who don't understand our concerns, read this, and stay informed:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/30/samsung-galaxy-s4-32gb/

That being said, it appears that on at least one front, Sprint (perhaps due to Samsung's prodding) has allowed the removal of the SIM card (for the GSM antenna) in the S4:

Galaxy S4 - World Phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Just order a returned kit to return the phone it's not worth it 16 gb it's not enough, everybody says add an micro sd but its not the same if u have important stuff saved on your sd people can just take it of and put it on the computer and retrieve all your saved stuff, guess I'm going back to my iphone 5 and not use my upgrade maybe that way I can change to a carrier that I can actually use my lte .

Journeyman

Root it, there will be probably 10 solid roms out in the next month and the Galaxy's are simple to root.

That 9 gigs will quickly turn to about 13 gigs without the sprint BS.  Also you will be able to use a 32 or 64 gig class 10 card to moves apps and such.

I mean you could go with the HTC one with only has 32 gigs total which is exactly why I just bought the S4.

Master

Nerdiac, I think you misunderstood my post. As rkkeller88 repeated, you have the choice to go and do what ever you feel like.

As far as the principle of why new costumers pay less, that is just economics, but you should know that since you much older then I am, and much more wealthy then I am LOL. Just keep in mind Wisdom and Ignorance are brother and sister.

You mentioned that you planned on having this phone for years, so I guess you must be on the designteam for Samsung, since no one knew about it until late last year -begining of this year.

Keep in mind,all that space used in the phone is programs that Samsung has installed, Sprint does not have any bloadware in it anymore, Sprint Zone is the only program installed, and that requiresa minimal storage space, no more Nascar or sprint tv and other stupid programs. I think you need to look closer to your phone, but wait a minute, you can't, since you don't even have the S4.

Bottom line, if you had your company, will you sell a low memory phone that sells millions, or a higher memory phone that sells thousands??? I think the answer is a no brainier.Look at the iphone sales.

Also I see no reason for the memory issue, if you have the option to expand your mem size.

cityw5, if you didn't know, the new HTC does not have an SD card slot anymore so you are stuck with the 32GB you get, and by the way it is still the same issue, you will get maybe 26Gb usable just like every other phone out there.

Journeyman

This is what is great about having "choices".

If you are unhappy with something, do not purchase it and choose something else.

If you are unhappy with a service or company, do not use them and choose another.

They say actions speak louder than words so I guess you will be leaving the S4 forum

now that your not getting one and leaving Sprint too as your so unhappy with their

business practices.

Good Luck.

Journeyman

Exactly. I planned on having this phone for years, but with only 9GB it won't even last 1 year. Google is forcing consumers to hack/root their phones, which the cell companies and cell manufacturers are not gonna like. They'd better fix this in the next Droid version or they might start to have problems finding phones to put their OS on a decade from now... nobody wants a Nexus, after all.