cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No App Updates On Notification Bar Only Facebook

Highlighted
Wizard

No App Updates On Notification Bar Only Facebook

Don't know if this is how the S4 works, but I upgraded last month. Before I upgraded, I owned the S3. The issue I'm having is that I can't figure out why app update notifications aren't showing up on notification bar when apps need to be updated. The only time notifications pop up is when I log onto the Facebook app which is very annoying! I don't want to auto update in Playstore because there are apps I don't want updated, and don't want on my phone. My S3 didn't do that. I spoke with a Sprint tech on the phone earlier today, and he said the S4 does that because it's a different phone, and he also said Facebook app while logging on will bring up all the app notifications in one batch. He also said the only time I'll get notifications normally is when there is a system update, and Sprint Zone app. Anyone else having this same issue? If not, please tell me what I need to do. I just hate Facebook running my app notifications! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Re: No App Updates On Notification Bar Only Facebook

MRVMRR3

We're here to help. The S4 should still be able to give you notifications when apps have available updates. Go to the play store and tap settings you should have the option to turn notifications on. Let us know if that works.

Patrick N.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat