cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasionally no sound when receiving calls...then unable to complete outgoing calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Occasionally no sound when receiving calls...then unable to complete outgoing calls

On occasion I have the problem that I will get a call but when I answer there is no sound.  The call will eventually go to my voice mail.  Immediately after this happens, when I try to call the person back, it rings but then no sound.  The person on the other end does not hear me and I cannot hear them.  I must turn my phone off then back on and the problem goes away but then will reappear a couple days later.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I do not notice a pattern.  I suspect an app update must be to blame because the phone has never done this before 2-3 weeks ago.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Occasionally no sound when receiving calls...then unable to complete outgoing calls

samiam111111,

I'm very sorry to hear that. It seems like a service related issue rather than the device? What type of phone are you using? Also, can you post two nearby cross streets and zip code for the area where you're having the issues. I'd like to check the coverage in that location.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Occasionally no sound when receiving calls...then unable to complete outgoing calls

It is a Samsung Galaxy S4, Android version 4.4.2.  I've encountered the issue at multiple locations (home, work, out shopping).  Here is one set of cross streets and zip: Euclid and Forest Park Parkway 63110.  I'm not sure if this is relevant, but here are the following things I have tried: updated PRL and profile, shut down and removed battery, and emptied the system cache.

Highlighted
Master

samiam111111,

Let's try this. From the home screen, tap Phone> Dial ##72786#> Hands free activation will start> Once the activation is complete, tap OK> Once the PRL is updated, tap OK> Tap OK to reboot device> Tap OK. The network settings is now reset. Let me know if this helped.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have just completed the hands free activation and the PRL was updated.  I will follow up next week to let you know if I encounter the problem again during that time.  Thank you for your help. 

Highlighted
Master

samiam111111,
Okay, great and you're welcome. - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem is still occurring.  Someone called the other day but no sound when I answered.  I tried calling back.  It rang, but then no sound (presumably when person answered phone on their end).  I had to turn the phone off and then back on to get it to work normally.  The phone has been working OK these last 2 days...so an intermittent issue but terribly frustrating.  Any suggestions?  Completely restore the phone back to factory settings?  I'm trying to avoid that scenario, if possible.

Highlighted
Master

- NatalieOh no! Have any Software Updates been done to your device? You can also try to take the device into a Sprint Repair Center. Only do the factory reset on your device when it's the last step available and make sure your device is backed up.
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat