After the recent update my Galaxy s4 suddenly deleting emails after I opened them on the phone. I need to have access to emails on my phone! It was working fine before the update. I changed the email settings to "never" delete emails from server and that didn't fix the problem. I went to the Sprint store for technical help and they suggested removing and re-adding my email accounts (Mediacom, Gmail). That didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.
I believe it's the SPH-L720. I am on Gmail now and do not see "Menu Select" to find the "Sync Gmail" option you mentioned.
A few more facts that might be helpful for you to know re: this phone and what I've done to try to solve the email issues:
- I've deleted and added back both the Mediacom and Gmail email accounts. That did not solve the problem.
- I removed the battery and reinserted it.
- I went to the Sprint store twice and the tech told me that it was a problem w the Samsung 4.4.2 update & that they can't help.
- Under the email options I checked to make sure the option about when to delete emails from the server was set for "never".
- Under the email options I checked to make sure the number of emails to display was set to "total".
None of this helped.
Two more problems have not occurred w this new phone (I've had this phone only since Jan 31, 2014): Battery drain - I have to charge it 3-4 times a day. Text messaging problem: in the 50323 zip code I keep getting "network not responding" error messages when trying to text.
The Sprint tech at the store told me I'm stuck with this poor service and this phone until the end of the 2 year contract. That doesn't seem right, does it?
I have gone through all the Settings selections several times both with a tech person at the Sprint store and now online twice with SprintCare. None of these steps have resolve the described problems. I still do not have access to emails on my device. What next?
I followed your instructions and found that the Sync button is green.
No, there is not a setting on the main server to delete an email once it has been read.
Do you ever work directly with the email providers? In this case, Mediacom is the email provider that I use for my computer. Also, I have the same issue with Gmail. The emails are lost on my phone once I've opened them on a computer or laptop.