cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Samsung S4 -- Help if you have solutions

Journeyman

Problems with Samsung S4 -- Help if you have solutions

I have a couple of things going on with my S4. I don't know what to do anymore.

1. Wi-fi doesn't stay connected always jumps back to 4G.  I am home most of the time because I work from home. I really never turn Wi-fi off. However my phone isn't running off the Wi-fi. I manually unselect Wi-fi and then select it again. It connects and then switches right back to 4G.

2. Go to a web page through the internet browser (not chrome). It loads and then it stops. I can't scroll the page or select any links with in the page its basically froze. Someone said clear the cache. I did and it still doesn't work.

3. Pictures embedded in emails won't show up or if I say a store send me an email and I try to go to the stores website from within the email again it opens, loads, then freezes.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Problems with Samsung S4 -- Help if you have solutions

MIZZTAP,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I suspect the issues could be the Sprint Connections Optimizer, which looks for Wi-Fi whenever available. Try this: Menu->Settings->Wi-Fi->Smart Mode->Turn Smart Mode (OFF).

As far at the other issues, please let me know where you are located; zip code and cross streets so that I can analyze the towers.

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Dania -

I thought that was the issue as well. So I've had the Sprint Connections Optimizer (Smart Mode) off for about 2 weeks now and I still have the issue. I've done a couple of battery pulls and when you turn the phone back on. It connects to Wi-Fi. Then quickly switches back to 3g/4g.

My city and zip is Chicago, 60629 - Streets 65th and Western Ave.

Journeyman

My computer went crazy posting. It said there was an error and didn't post but it actually did post, sorry.

Wizard

MIZZTAP,

Hmm, this is quite odd. Let's do a refresh on your phone. Send me a private message with your name and telephone number.

We'll figure this out

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Had same issue as you.  In my case wifi would stay connected at my work, friends, or families but not my own router.  I have a dlink router, I ended up checking my router for a firmware update and behold dlink actually had a firmware update solely for the s4. No longer any wifi connectivity issues.

Wizard

ajax9,

Thank you for sharing that information. I'm glad you were able to find a fix. If anything changes let us know.

Dania

Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat