cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push 1 to answer

Journeyman

Push 1 to answer

Only recently, my S4 now asks me to use the keypad and press 1 to answer incoming calls, even though I already slid the green to answer.  This is very dangerous when I am driving because I can no longer answer from my car bluetooth connection.  I have to pick up my phone, open, hit the keypad and press 1. Does anyone know how to disable this?  And how did this feature get turned on in the first place? Thanks

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Push 1 to answer

cityw5,

Thanks, it sounds like you might have Google voice activated on your handset. Google voice will screen calls for you and the way to accept a call is by pressing 1. Do you have a Gmail account? If so, the same username and password is required to log into Google voice. Please see this page for more information > https://support.google.com/voice/answer/116933?hl=en

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was a good thought but my Google voice settings don't seem to have the call option

Highlighted
Master

Under Applications, look for "Voice". Open the app and under settings, make sure G. Voice is not used to receive all the calls. Or to make it easy for you, just uninstall Google voice and reinstall it again, just keep in mind that when you do the initial setup, do not select the option to select how to answer, route all calls direct to your phone so you don't have to press 1 for GV.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

cityw5,

Thanks for the response, did you follow the steps provided by Dj_Damjano? Please keep us updated.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat