cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Your New S4 Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Review Your New S4 Here

I got my s4 on friday, i can tell you its a great phone i would recommend it until the 32gb or 64 gb come out, im going to return mine and use my iphone 5 until they get those other two out the 16 gb its not worth it, because it almost half fool of sprint and samsung apps and you cant transfer apps 2 sd, so i would just recommend to wait for at least the 32gb.

GrandMaster

does it no longer have the ability to disable the built in apps or delete them anymore?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, there is an Active Tower in Penn Hill/Monroeville, Dormont,  as well as an Active tower around Neville Island/79 into parts of robinson.

My co worker has Sprint LTE at his house in Penn Hills and I went to hit golf balls at the Robert Morris Dome on Neville Island yesterday and I had a strong 4G LTE Signal.  It speed tested at 8up/8down with a 80ms ping.  I also have pictures if you don't believe me.

The rep admitted to me Sunday that they were firing up a few towers a week.  I had heard rumors so I drove into 2 of the areas and 4G lit up and speeds were OK but the Pings were fantastic.  Pittsburgh is being lit up, albeit slowly it is definitely being lit up.  I'm hoping downtown is next cause I work in the north shore.

I gave up my Evo 3D and WiMax for the Galaxy S4 and had hoped LTE would be sooner than the "2014" they stated.  Yesterday proved to me it will be sooner.

GrandMaster

download the sensorly app from the play store..it will show you all the areas that other people running that app have picked up LTE..great app to use for this deployment...unless youre in an area that hasnt seen any NV or is even on a list for anytime soon...then the app is just a disappointment lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just got the phone last week. Here is my breakdown of the phone so far:

Camera - Love it! Colors and clarity are amazing. Low light is a problem though.

Apps - great apps.

Phone - great reception. Love the speaker and you can even hit the volume and it will boost a little bit.

Internet - fast! Love it....

Now I do have ONE complaint

Signal strength is bad. My old phone the EVO 4g never had a problem. With the SG4 I am lucky at times to have one bar.

GrandMaster

if you had the original evo then that had the strongest antenna to date...so its going to be hard to compare the 2 with that...

for the short time i had the S4 i DID notice that as well though...along with a list of other issues..which is why i only had it for a very short amount of time lol

Journeyman

Got my S4 yesterday, moving from the EVO 4G LTE.

I love the clear sharp screen.  Hard getting used to the sensitivity of the back button - keep accidentally pressing it.

Trying to use some of the special features like Air View, Smart Scroll, etc.but they don't seem to be working.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I'll have to dig into the manuals.

What's the maximum size microSD card that can go into the phone?  I thought I read 64GB somewhere, but not sure.

GrandMaster

64gb

prior to the newer phones they would only say you could use up to a 32gb...even though you could run a 64gb without any issues.

Journeyman

Thank you fireguy.  I listen to a bunch of podcasts and am a bit behind, so my 16GB card is filling up.

GrandMaster

no worries. amazon is a great place to snag up a new sd card..i used the original sd card that came with the original evo for quite a while..then upgraded to the 16GB...which then became to small since i download movies onto it....so long story short i upgraded yet again to the 32gb and have 20 full movies on that sd card lol

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.