Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Powers Off tho' charged

Journeyman

S4 Powers Off tho' charged

My Galaxy S4 is one year old. Of the 16 MB of memory, 4.67 are available. I run it on Power Save mode. I have Norton Security on it. I have run Diagnostics and no problems appear. I've cleared cache data for apps.

IT TURNS OFF although there is 70% charge. I can only turn it back on when I plug in the charger. It TURNS OFF when I upload photos to Facebook. The keyboard freezes on the screen when I search on Twitter. This has persisted for weeks.

It is completely unreliable and unusable. I need a new phone. I do NOT want a refurbished phone.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: S4 Powers Off tho' charged

SGSGS4User

Sorry to hear about this. Have you taken the device to a service and repair store to have it looked at?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: S4 Powers Off tho' charged

run it into a repair store and have them do a battery test on it..it almost sounds like you have a battery with dead cells in it..it will show as full but as soon as its taxed a bit they shut down or drop battery life rapidly. also take the battery out...lay it on a flat surface and spin it...if it comes to a quick stop youre ok..if it keeps spinning for a bit then the battery has swollen and is going out on you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat