cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Powers Off tho' charged

Highlighted
Journeyman

S4 Powers Off tho' charged

My Galaxy S4 is one year old. Of the 16 MB of memory, 4.67 are available. I run it on Power Save mode. I have Norton Security on it. I have run Diagnostics and no problems appear. I've cleared cache data for apps.

IT TURNS OFF although there is 70% charge. I can only turn it back on when I plug in the charger. It TURNS OFF when I upload photos to Facebook. The keyboard freezes on the screen when I search on Twitter. This has persisted for weeks.

It is completely unreliable and unusable. I need a new phone. I do NOT want a refurbished phone.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: S4 Powers Off tho' charged

SGSGS4User

Sorry to hear about this. Have you taken the device to a service and repair store to have it looked at?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

Re: S4 Powers Off tho' charged

run it into a repair store and have them do a battery test on it..it almost sounds like you have a battery with dead cells in it..it will show as full but as soon as its taxed a bit they shut down or drop battery life rapidly. also take the battery out...lay it on a flat surface and spin it...if it comes to a quick stop youre ok..if it keeps spinning for a bit then the battery has swollen and is going out on you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat