cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Release Date?

Journeyman

S4 Release Date?

When Is The Galaxy S4 Coming Out On Sprint Or Aleast Pre-Orders? I Heard That Maybe We Will Get To Pre-Order April 17th. Hope We Get The Phone On Sprint Fast Though Cant Wait.!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: S4 Release Date?

Ruth_Cajina,

We are all excited to hear that Samsung Galaxy S 4 is coming some time in the 2nd quarter of this year. Please hold on with us. See http://bit.ly/ZrZlWl for all available information.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope the official date is confirmed soon. I've been a loyal customer for a while. But my husband is ready to switch carriers by the end of the month if there isn't a specific date confirmed. He doesn't like this guessing game. Well, it's not like I even have signal in my house. Even with the device that was sent to us to "strenghthen" the signal.

Maybe the DH is up to something. Only  time {15 days} will tell.

Highlighted
Journeyman

2nd quarter is not exactly a small timeframe. That could be anywhere from today until the end of June. With AT&T getting it in two weeks, and Verizon in May, it would help tremendously to get a date from Sprint. Sprint needs to learn that setting definite dates and sticking to them goes a long way towards building trust and faith in their customers. In my two years as a Sprint customer I'm finding out that they tend to be one of the worst at not giving release dates and such. Customers want to know "Phone X will be released on THIS DATE" or "The next version of Android will be released on Phone X on THIS DATE."

Highlighted

reddogfan2,

We do understand the high anticipation for this spectacular device. Once more information is available you can find it at http://bit.ly/9UG9EA

We really do appreciate your patience in regards to this matter.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes They Need To Say A Release Date Fast (14 days)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Announced today on Sprint's home page.  Preorders start tomorrow, in stores 4/27.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have listened to a lot of complaining about Sprint and its LTE coverage and the $10 for WiMax either of which I was not particularly happy with but fine.  Not the absurdity of charging $249 for the 16GB Galaxy S4 when the other carriers are charging $199 is unbelievable. Talk about a company that is out of touch.  Can’t you see this is a slap in the face of your loyal customers by allowing new people to come to Sprint for $149 while forcing existing customers to pay an extra $50 over what the other carriers are charging!!!  Sprint once again is fleecing its existing loyal customers.

My prediction is you will lose much more that you gain from the scheme.  I have been out of contract since last September and had planned on pre-ordering the Galaxy S4 but not at this price.  I will be evaluating other options.

While unlimited date is a big carrot it is not the only or final deciding factor. The biggest carrot is a company showing respect and loyalty to its existing customer base.  With this pricing plan Sprint is speaking volumes about what it thinks of its existing customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree,

Sprint's monthly plan is rapidly approaching Verizon or ATT, soon it will be better off to switch carrier to take advantage of new customer discount rather than staying.

I've never understood this aspect, ALL the carriers want to reduce churn, yet their policy PROMOTE churn by offering discount to new customer rather than making existing customer stay.

I was happy with the Sprint Preimer program, and just when I finally was elgible by hitting the 10 years mark with Sprint, they killed it, then they kept removing perks and discounts and the price creep up and up.

The iphone is the benchmark right now, and you are charging the S4 more than the iphone? just to fleece the early adapters? I'm sure they are going to drop the price not too long thereafter to the normal $199.  NOT buliding any goodwill at all

Highlighted
Journeyman

wow. this is absolutely not okay with me. loyal customers are slapped on the face by paying more for a phone? i will definately be switching to another carrier. i contacted sprint today via chat. requested to cancel my service. i was guranteed someone from the cancellation department would contact me today. this was prior to noon central time. i have yet to receive a call. yup, those are amazing retention skills. or who knows, maybe they did call but since i only have signal 30 percent of the time, it never came through. an email saying the call never came through would have been appreciated. but i'm sure a call was never made. i really wanted the galaxy s4 but i'm going to consider the htc one with ANOTHER carrier. oh ya and the only date that was confirmed was the pre order date-NOT the official release date. that $#!+ don't fly with me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is a very sad time to fine that while Sprint is trying to gain new customers, they have no problem loosing long time existing ones.  I have been with Sprint for well over 10 years and when I look to get the new S4 Sprint decides to charge existing customers more money for the lowest model (16 GB).  It used to be that long term customers were rewarded for their loyality, I guess that is no longer the case.  This all the while I have been paying the $10 extra since the HTC EVO 4G came out but I can not use the 4G I am paying for because the coverage in Dallas/Addision is terrible.  I would be affraid to see what the cost of the 64GB model will be?  Might as well, look to Verizon and use their already fleshed out 4G LTE and their lower costing phone prices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Hate That We Extising Customers Have To Pay More For The S4 Then New Customers Its Not Fair!!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat