Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 beeps 4times. No notifications, and pushnotifications are off

Journeyman

S4 beeps 4times. No notifications, and pushnotifications are off

So every so often during the day, I will catch my phone (samsung galaxy s4) beeping 4 times in a row.

There are no notifications, and I made sure to check all of my email accounts and turn off any sounds.

Still the phone seems to beep 4 times in a row. Any idea what it could be?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: S4 beeps 4times. No notifications, and pushnotifications are off

by chance have you noticed if the phone has jumped into roaming or not when this happens?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you stick with the S4?

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes I stuck with it

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone is not switching to roaming

Highlighted
GrandMaster

negative lol

i had such a horrible experience with this phone out the gate i returned it and snagged the One..

DACBETH wrote:

Did you stick with the S4?

@ HelpMyPhonePlz

do you hear the beeps while making/receiving a call or is it just sitting there when you hear the beeps?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also do you notice any notification LED lights blinking after you hear the beeps? and nothing is appearing up top in the menu bar?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LED lights are flashing, and there is nothing appearing in the menu bar. As far as I know, it is just making the sound to bug me -_- ha

I had an Evo 4g LTE before the S4 and I shattered the screen, so I upgraded. How are you liking the One?

I do not hear beeps while making calls or receiving calls. I just let it sit and then ill hear the beeps. It goes off randomly

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest i have yet to run into any issues what so ever on my One..it doesnt have any of the cool little things the S4 was able to do..then again i didnt see myself using any of those hover things and whatnot anytime soon anyways..do you have anything checked under the roaming area...voice? data? i unchecked all of those on the S4 and the same when i picked up the One..might even go in and see if it has an option to notify you by sound if you are within range of a wifi source..or at least an additional wifi source..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing is checked under roaming, other than gsm stuff for the roaming guard.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you have somewhat unlimited roaming anyways..try turning it off and then restarting your phone..then test and see if it happens again..if it does and you want to keep the roam guard on then go ahead and turn it back on..at least it will either eliminate it or point right at it

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, i have unlimited data and what is gsm?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat