Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 downloads 4.3 update, tries to install, reboots but is still 4.2.2?

Go to solution
Journeyman

S4 downloads 4.3 update, tries to install, reboots but is still 4.2.2?

Anyone run into this or have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

unroot,

then use kies. and that should take care of it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Silly but simplest question: Is your phone modified in any way? (root, etc). This is the only known scenario to fail the install right now. If you attempt again, pay close attention to the installation screen for any errors that pop up before it reboots.

If your phone was on MDC, you've got to catch up all the way to MF9 (MDC>MDL>MF9) before MJA (4.3) installs. Some people have been avoiding updates in between and are now playing catch up. If it's a ~530MB file, then it is the MJA update.

Journeyman

I watched the install process and it stopped with "error" so what I did was loaded up Kies and flashed with the recovery rom. At this point it was able to complete the process. 4.3 is now installed however, my wifi will not turn on at all. Not sure what the issue is. I have tried pulling the battery but that didn't help. Anyone with any insight to this?

Journeyman

my phone is on MF9

but still havent received the update !

#Update

I cleared the google services framework 3 times in a row

then checked for update.

and i got the update

i had to factory reset my phone with the KIES , because last time it tried to download but it never actually took the update.

Wizard

techie81,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunatly we are not able to provide support to devices that have been rooted. If your still having an issue I suggest taking it into a non Sprint owned service and repair.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

unroot,

then use kies. and that should take care of it.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

just checking to see if anyone can help me with understanding something. I'm on 4.2.2 MDC stock if I update will it go to MDL then MF9 then to 4.3 then through all that too 4.4.2? or will it jump to 4.4.2. the reason I ask is I want to get to 4.2.2 MF9 bootloader

Master

Your device is capable of receiving all over the air updates that are available. If your device is rooted Sprint can not provide support to a device that has been rooted. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,

Colleen

Sprint social care
Journeyman

well I said my device is STOCK. I'm on MDC build baseband software and bootloader I want to take the OTA but I only want to update to MF9 bootloader software build baseband. So I'm asking if I do an update now will it take me to MDL or will it take me straight to NAE.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat