cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 notification chimes every 5 minutes but nothing in notif bar. How do I shut it off?

Journeyman

S4 notification chimes every 5 minutes but nothing in notif bar. How do I shut it off?

Galaxy S4   Every 5 minutes the chime for a new notification sounds.  The upper left notification bar is empty, no new email or text, nothing.  How do I shut this off?  Earlier today I had to turn off the phone completely, when I power back on it does this nonstop.  I did trial and error last time and finally got it shut off, I don't remember what it was.  Gmail?  Email?  Clock?  Weather app?  Roaming?  OMG!  I put it in airplane mode and it still made the sound, every 5 minutes.  I set the volume (for notifications only) all the way down so I can sleep.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: S4 notification chimes every 5 minutes but nothing in notif bar. How do I shut it off?

under settings go to my device and blocking mode, start blocking services one by one, until you find the one that causes it.

If you get notification even under Airplane mode, it might be the Knox software, did you play with it recently? I had that happened to me when I first installed Knox and I disabled it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

Re: S4 notification chimes every 5 minutes but nothing in notif bar. How do I shut it off?

SimoneMarie:

I can understand how that would be annoying for sure! Is your device rooted and have you performed a soft reset on it? Did this start happening after downloading any application? If you need the steps for the soft reset, let me know and I will provide them to you.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to Settings, My Device, Accessibility, and scroll down to where it says Notification Reminds and turn it OFF.  If you have any unread e-mail or anything at ALL, it will keep doing the Notificiation until you are ready to throw out the phone.  It took me awhile to find it and I felt like my phone was useless to me.  I would miss calls, texts, and everything else cause I could not stand to have the sound on.  After finding that I feel like I have a phone again.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat