cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 only connects to Internet when on wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: S4 only connects to Internet when on wifi

I just got my Samsung Galaxy 4 less than a week ago and I just had the same problem. Very frustrating. I did the Wifi calling update the same day I got my phone and consequently had my Sprint Zone app disappear. After reading one of SprintCare's replies, I changed my network mode from LTE/CDMA to just CDMA and I was able to connect to the internet again, but apparently that means I won't get LTE coverage anymore. What bullcrap!

Anyway, after hearing all the negativity from responders to Sprint's spectacular inadequacy in handling this issue, I'm not going to my nearest Sprint repair center for help since I don't expect any real fix to the problem. It says a lot that it has been more than 3 months since the original post and Sprint still doesn't seem to have done anything about the issue (apparently the culprit is the Wifi calling update).

I think I'm going to do what CoolJb did to fix the problem and just go to Best Buy to have them actually fix the problem and reverse the update. Hopefully, I'll get total network coverage again , including LTE, since that is what I should be having as a Samsung Galaxy 4 consumer and loyal Sprint customer. No one should be expected to be okay with being shortchanged by a company as big and reputable as Sprint.

Highlighted
Master

DisappointedOtter - We value all of our Sprint customers and don't want you to feel that way. We are upgrading towers nationwide which can cause intermittent service. We would like to take a glance at the location, what are the two nearest cross streets and zip code? - Nia Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't really have to go the Samsung either now.  I don't know why the sprint reps don't seem to be aware of this, but there is an app in the Play Store called "Refresh Customization" that should fix your issues.  There are 2 options in the app, run both of them.  Others have reported success using it.  It will save you a trip to Best Buy.  If you do go to Best Buy, they should be able to do a clean install of the WiFi calling version (NC6).  The problem is not with the new android version itself.  The problem was with the update package installer.

Good luck

Highlighted
Master

Dear Cooljb,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sprint Social Care Agent Brianna
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still having the problem on a brand new s4 in 49221

Master

MASSEYVISA,

That is definitely not good. I will need more details. What are the nearest cross-streets and the ZIP to the problem location(s)?

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

after each sprint upadate my galaxy s4 doesn't have the mobile data. After each update I have to call the sprint support, so they can remotely reboot my phone and give me a code. Why does it happen every time? So. it is still not fixed after your code combination what u post here. It s something wrong with my phone or your company? i still do not have data and still pay u money for no service

Highlighted
Master

mertseger2, I know that this may be troubling. I'd like to help. Dialing ##72786# didn't work? Try this: Settings - Tap the More tab - Scroll to and tap System Update - Tap Update Profile - Once the profile update is complete, tap OK. Let me know if this helps. - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

100% agree, has been getting worse lately, to the point that all week I've had no data connection. Paying for nothing essentially.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

hop over to the customer service forum so one of the agents can look at the towers around your area. they dont venture into here anymore so you'll have to hop over there. if you need a link say so and i can get that for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem here with the wife's Note 4. We took it to 3 Sprint stores. They initially replaced the Simm card with a used one, no difference. Then the 3rd store put in a new one - still no difference. The last store told us that it's supposed to behave that way. Then they talked the Mrs. into buying a $100 64 gig class 10 SD card, saying that the phone would work better. A few years back I wrote an app for the Mrs. to use to track me. It saves my location every 60 seconds so she can view my history. On her phone, it's only updating 3 or 4 times an hour instead of once a minute like it does on my Note 3 and the kid's Note 2.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol why would the sd card have anything to do with data?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat