cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 suddenly lost 3G & won't re-connect

Highlighted
Journeyman

S4 suddenly lost 3G & won't re-connect

Hi there, have a strange problem. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 6 months, always worked great. A few days ago it suddenly lost 3G/4G connectivity, doesn't work anywhere. I checked everything, tried CDMA, CDMA/LTE, Auto - same thing. Did an update (just PRL updated), still nothing. The phone was not dropped or anything like that. Did something physically break, or is this a known issue of some sort? Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Master

Re: S4 suddenly lost 3G & won't re-connect

Hello slavinger2,

We have not heard of any problems with the Galaxy S4. Do you have insurance? Have you taken the device to a service and repair store to have a technician look at it? Select manufactures offer limited warranty coverage on phones and devices and turnaround time is usually 7 to 10 days.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

i have the same problem. This morning, the notification prompted me to do a system update. I shouldn't have. Now i can't connect to any data connection. It happen several months ago. I had to revert the phone to factory. Stupid phone and update. Ive tried calling Sprint service care.. it prompted me to go to the website or some app. That's ridiculous. How can one do that if the connection is the issue?! I suppose Sprint has never thought this through before setting up their "support" resources. Lame... considering changing phone and/or network. This is ridiculous!

Highlighted
Master

914POOHSAN Thanks for commenting with us! So you reverted back to factory settings to have your data connectivity work? Did you attempted to update the data profile after the update completed? Let me know if you performed any additional steps before a factory reset. Thanks! David Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your reply.  I'll have to try that.  Yeah, Sprint isn't exactly my favorite carrier either.

Master

slavinger2 Please keep us up to date on the progress. We want to make sure your service/device issue is fixed as soon as possible! David Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Make sure that 3g data is not unchecked.    I have had a couple of times after a update when the 3g data is unchecked.    You can tell if you can get on wifi but not on 3g/4g that might be the problem.  Also use the ##72786# and it will reprovision your phone.

Highlighted
Master

meinsouthjersey - Thank you for posting. We appreciate your feedback. We'll be here if you ever have any questions. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pretty sure it's a problem with Sprint Spark because I've had to do what everyone on the Internet says, rather than what Sprint customer service said, and it worked.  Toggle between airplane mode on/off/then on again and it worked.  Now, my Sprint Mobile Zone is disabled and says "We're sorry: the app is configuring - please check back later".  At least when you are going to do an update, make sure it's right Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has to do with sprint. The one time months ago when nothing worked, I had to format it to factory settings. For the one happened a few days caused by the system software update, I had to go to system setting to update each of the things, i.e profile, firmware, etc. I didn't know which one "fixed" it,but it worked. I've always been skeptical about those updates which usually have some bugs with them. Should waited or not update it at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having major issues as of a few or so days ago as well. It's an update that is messing things up? I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works for more than a few minutes/hours. How does one reset to factory default? And will I lose my pics, contacts, and ringtones if I do that?

Any help would be very appreciated. I can't seem to get Sprint to acknowledge me.

Jana~

Highlighted
Master

914POOHSAN - Glad to hear your phone is working properly again. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat