cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 users check your phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

S4 users check your phone

i got mines on monday, and today i checked the memory. guess what i found 9.62 gb as my total memory. check your phone

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

It should be no surprise

Part of the 16GB is used for the system files and the pre-installed applications

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's normal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's ridiculous that 40% of the 16-GB internal storage is already taken up at the time of sale.  When a phone is advertised as having 16-GBs of storage, that should be what is (approximately) available to the customer at the time of purchase (i.e., after Samsung and Sprint files/apps/etc. have been pre-installed).

Highlighted
GrandMaster

after dealing with 500mb of internal storage for so many years having 9gb to deal with is a piece of cake...what i WONT be dealing with though is that im on day 2 of this phone and its lagging like crazy..type in my password for the screen to unlock and i can sit there for about 30 seconds and then watch the screen type it in...for such a new phone i shouldnt have to be worrying about this by day 2...down the road maybe...but not by day 2...other things are bugging me as well with this phone..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not have a screen lock on my phone, so I activated one.  It worked just fine...no lag at all.  Your phone might be a dud.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

more and more issues are popping up as the day goes on lol..has anyone tried syncing up FB to their contacts? i could do this with my original phone..it would seem that i can only sync up apps through this phone..and if i want to link up contacts i have to download the FB app itself..odd.

i called the repair store i deal with here and they said they have had a few people call/come in with this issue...so it might even be a batch that is wonkered up..yuh never know..im not seeing any complaints about it in here so far

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's talk about phone as a hot spot, tell me way is sprint selling this in markets for $19.99 a month were it dose not work for anything more then to check your email while sitting in the park? i mean can't i do this with the phone?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

true..but if you want to run someone elses laptop off of your phones connection you will need that hotspot.. as you pointed out though if you have slow data speeds already on your phone then you might as well figure half that speed will be passed onto the laptop...not exactly usable more often than not..well at least until they get the NV fully deployed..

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have a new one, 911 check your phones again as calling 911 for me was problem. dont wait till you need it to find out its not working the way it should. because 911 dose not ring when you call. if you have a airave then you may have trouble getting to 911.  SO CHECK YOUR PHONES

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat