cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card and extra battery....suggestions?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

SD card and extra battery....suggestions?

What are some good brands? I'd like a Samsung brand but the removal batteries and sd cards are very expensive. What kind are you guys getting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SD card and extra battery....suggestions?

I highly recommend anker batteries. I have used them in several of my most recent cell phones. I had a 2300 mah anker battery in my S3 that gave me a couple more hours of use without adding any extra bulk. Heres the one I am getting for my S4.

Amazon.com: [18-Month Warranty]Anker® 2600mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV SIV, I9500 -...

As far as Sd Cards go I use mainly Sandisk, they have never let me down.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

I highly recommend anker batteries. I have used them in several of my most recent cell phones. I had a 2300 mah anker battery in my S3 that gave me a couple more hours of use without adding any extra bulk. Heres the one I am getting for my S4.

Amazon.com: [18-Month Warranty]Anker® 2600mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV SIV, I9500 -...

As far as Sd Cards go I use mainly Sandisk, they have never let me down.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome. I'll look in to those.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree I've heard good things about Anker. As for the SD card  remember to look at the class. Would recommend anything above class 6, preferably class 10.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just want to add that for only $11 more they have a set of TWO 2600 mah batteries, with a charger.

Amazon.com: Anker® 2 x 2600mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV SIV,I9500 + Free Anker Tr...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

invisik wrote:

I agree I've heard good things about Anker. As for the SD card  remember to look at the class. Would recommend anything above class 6, preferably class 10.

add on

you also might as well hop up to either a 32gb sd card or even the 64gb...the specs on the phone itself will say it cant use the 64...but MANY have...reformat it in the phone and then go ahead and add everything to it is one method for any new sd card...the other is reformatting it via your computer...cant remember the steps for that one though...i think you had to do it in FAT32?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Specifications
  • Dimensions: 5.4 inches x 2.7 inches x 0.31 inches (136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm)
  • Weight:  4.59 ounces (130 grams)
  • Display: 5-inch full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED™ Plus (1080x1920) touchscreen display
  • Battery: 2,600mAh Lithium-Ion battery
  • Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and microSD™ card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am set on a 32GB card. I figured the phone can do up to 64, but I'd never use that much.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

sweeet... for once they actually confirmed that a phone can use the 64 lol..heck people have been popping in those 64's even back with the original evo.

DACBETH wrote:

Specifications

• Dimensions: 5.4 inches x 2.7 inches x 0.31 inches (136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm)

• Weight:  4.59 ounces (130 grams)

• Display: 5-inch full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED™ Plus (1080x1920) touchscreen display

• Battery: 2,600mAh Lithium-Ion battery

• Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and microSD™ card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

it really just depends on what you use your phone for...i have a bit over a thousand songs on my sd card..a ungodly amount of pics and short videos i have taken here and there...and about 20 full length movies on my 32gb sd card..i store movies on my sd card due to the shoddy data speeds around the areas i travel..much easier to just toss my phone back to the kiddos and let them watch tangled or something than to pack around more and more things in my truck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just remember that with the lack of "move to SD" option, the more important issue will be the internal memory.  I am not going to get a 16gb S4. I'm waiting for a 32 or 64 gb phone, and I doubt I'll regret it. What's a few more weeks?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pictures and music... very little video. I've barely used all the gigs on the phone I have now, and I've had it 2 years. The 16GB doesn't really phase me. I'm not heavy on the apps

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat