cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPH-L720T Lollipop update fail...

Highlighted
Patron

SPH-L720T Lollipop update fail...

I woke up this morning to the brand new lollipop update sitting on my phone, waiting for me to install. Oh, happy times! I quickly made sure I had the space available for the update (3 Gb unpacked) and gave it the go ahead to proceed. Phone reboots...

"package signature invalid"

Restart the phone, go to check manually to see if I can get a fresh copy, but I am met with the message "Your system is up to date." Seems like the update was pulled between when my phone received it and when I went to check. I took the additional step to see if it was available through Kies, but that is still trying to get me to "upgrade" (pronounced downgrade) to NK1.

Can anyone else confirm this happening to them? Has anyone heard from Sprint on this matter yet?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SPH-L720T Lollipop update fail...

Same thing happened said needed 3 gig I freed up 3 gig and then hit the update. It rebooted and said could not find update.zip. Not able to get the check for update to try to get 5.0.1

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you both for reporting this.  If possible, can either one of you grab a screenshot of the error on your phones?  It might not be cooperative considering the part of the system you'd need to be in to get the picture but if you could, it will help us narrow down what's going on.

SeaWolf

Community Admin

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Patron

If I can get a fresh copy of the update to install, I will. Unfortunately though, it is looking like a one-time event, since my S4 isn't even seeing the update as being available now.

Highlighted
Community Manager

That makes sense, but it's disappointing (for both of us).  Hang tight.  It's unlikely I'll hear back today but either I will or I'll have someone else come update as soon as there's information to give.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Patron

I wonder... If I flash it back down to NK1 through Kies, whether or not that will trigger a reset on the availability of the OD1 update?

Journeyman

I did the downgrade to NK1 as soon as you reboot the phone it will download the OA3 I believe it is...I have a SPH-L720T Tri-Band ...I have been trying everything to get 4.4.2  to update to 5.0 ...this morning there is was...downloaded on data (damn it) restart and installed perfectly...Google play services error but that resolved after 2 restarts.... clear data and cache on Google Play Services...rather than Google Services Framework and you will see last checked April 31.1969 or something similar...the update should come thru......HOPE THAT HELPS....

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks iamme54! Kat_2010, your mileage may vary.  You might post an update if it works for you this way.

SeaWolf
Community Admin

SeaWolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

So is downgrading on kies the way to go to get the update ???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did it work after you downgraded to nk1

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it will immediately download the previous version ...

Highlighted
Patron

Reverting back to NK1 through Kies fixed the issue. While the phone did update to AO3 first, that reset it for the OD1 update.

The download and install after that went smoothly. I am going to chalk it up to a corrupted download with the initial failure. However, it shouldn't require the downgrade just to retrigger the upgrade.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat