cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPH-L720T Lollipop update fail...

Highlighted
Patron

SPH-L720T Lollipop update fail...

I woke up this morning to the brand new lollipop update sitting on my phone, waiting for me to install. Oh, happy times! I quickly made sure I had the space available for the update (3 Gb unpacked) and gave it the go ahead to proceed. Phone reboots...

"package signature invalid"

Restart the phone, go to check manually to see if I can get a fresh copy, but I am met with the message "Your system is up to date." Seems like the update was pulled between when my phone received it and when I went to check. I took the additional step to see if it was available through Kies, but that is still trying to get me to "upgrade" (pronounced downgrade) to NK1.

Can anyone else confirm this happening to them? Has anyone heard from Sprint on this matter yet?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update twice on Friday and both times had the same issue where the install failed. I have almost 6GB free on my internal storage so it's not that. Now I can't even get the update sent to my phone again. I don't have anything called Kies on my phone to try the workaround listed here (unless I am just not looking in the right place). Can anyone help me figure out how to get the update again and get it installed without errors?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kies is Samsung software you'll need Kie 3 install it on your desktop or laptop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I got Kies and did the downgrade back to NK1 and then it went back to OA3 like mentioned here but unfortunately it has not yet asked me to download the Lollipop update again, even after clearing data from Google Play Services and wiping the device cache in recovery boot. Guess I will just have to wait until it decides to send me it again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat