Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S 4 - The Next Big Thing

Highlighted
Wizard

Samsung Galaxy S 4 - The Next Big Thing

Meet the phone that gets to know you.

•    Scroll through a page using just your eyes.

•    Turn your phone into a TV remote control.

•    Take photos you’ll never believe came from a smartphone.

s4.jpg

Sprint will offer the U.S. variant of Galaxy S 4 in the second quarter of this year.  Additional details, including pricing, will be shared in the coming weeks.

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I have a upgrade coming to us as of yesterday. I figure it's going to be between the GS4 and HTC one. However, if Sprint cannot come out with a date and price yet, I don't see a reason to stay with them. The 4G service sucks in the few places it's up, which isn't where I live. Verizon has had 4G here for 2 years and ATT is up and running now. The only reason I've stayed with Sprint this long is because of the better service and unlimited data, but if they can't start giving news and updates on the S4 and 4G then there's no reason to stick with them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope sprint plans on announcing it soon. Att and Tmobile already have and whats wierd is even though sprint bought US Cellular. They have announced it with a pre-release date and sprint hasnt. Come-on Sprint just announce it already. I will not be purchasing another HTC phone after problems ive had with HTC.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

so far all im seeing is international roaming...and a non removable sim

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

well, looks like we can now get a purple S3, so no need for the S4 anymore.  NOT!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/04/purple-galaxy-s3-bound-for-sprint-ahead-of-galaxy-s4/

Highlighted
GrandMaster

maybe they'll expand the new color schemes to the S4?...personally mine will be covered by some kind of protective case anyways so colors wont matter much to me anyways lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just noticed that the S4 also supports 802.11ac WiFi and the HTC one does not.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416653,00.asp

With a replaceable battery, SD car slot, and now 802.11ac, I am not sure why reviews are showing the S4 and HTC one as being so similar.

Highlighted
Journeyman

cityw5 wrote:

I just noticed that the S4 also supports 802.11ac WiFi and the HTC one does not.

The HTC One (M7) does include 802.11 ac.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah the HTC One is rocking just about everything the S4 will have...so far they are matching up pretty well..minus some of the smaller things like the differences with the batteries and the SD card

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also am using an expired Sprint account that I have used since Sprint was "Nextel!" I cannot even get Sprint to offer a pre-sale date for their new S4 while AT&T has quoted a price and a presale/release date to my boyfriend who would like to switch me to his plan. I have been a faithful Sprint customer for over a decade, but the ONLY time I get 'excellent' service is when I try to cancel my account (which looks like I will have to do soon.) Very sad-I like Sprint even though they are priced a bit higher than any of the other carriers. My Sprint account was the only thing I asked for when I divorced in 2010!! AND THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT ME!! Hmmm. looks like AT&T wins my 4 lines and my $300.00+ monthly plan fees....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

just because you have been with sprint for a while doesnt mean they owe you any favors..many of us have been with sprint MUCH longer than you...doesnt matter..they dont kick out info like this seeing as how just about anything can delay what they say which as the past has shown us causes them to look like liars..they used to give out a certain quarter either an update would come out or a new phone...but they dont even do that anymore..ran into issues with that as well...even though it gives them a 3 month window..to many variables can delay a release...just look at the release of the EVO LTE...delayed like a mofo

Highlighted
Journeyman

People I had used S2, S3 and other androids phones and now HTC one is coming another android phone. Let me tell you why androids phone are just all hype and Junk.

1) it's  going to be another buggy crashy phone within few months. Also battery eatting has well. Also who wants a 5 inch S4 or htc one phone anyway it too big and looks kind of awkward putting in your pocket or ear.

2) Just be careful not get a malware virus on your android phones which is what most all android phones get affected easily.

3) fragmented and so many clicks to just get to one app. Most of apps are buggy and yes we all know they have many apps in store has most of them like i mention are buggy.

4) Boring looking at apps that sits there dead. The more apps i had more cluttered it will be and swipe many times.

I am going to wait for new HTC Tiera and Samsung Ativ S windows phone 8 when it comes this summer. Be honest with you since I switched to windows phone 8 it is so fast and fluid and have never had problems compare to all androids I used. Just look at the design so innovative and live tile is cool no need open an app to get latest info. I have many friends who had android and all it does is crash and gets buggy. These android phones are nice but sorry i rather have windows phone which are good for personal, entertainment and best of all Business use

Highlighted
Journeyman

So $249 for existing customers and $149 for new customers transferring numbers??

So is the extra 50 bucks a way to recoup the "loss" for charging new customers less??

That's just plain rediculous.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat