cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S® 4 available April 27 for $249.99, Pre-order on April 18

Highlighted
Wizard

Samsung Galaxy S® 4 available April 27 for $249.99, Pre-order on April 18

Samsung Galaxy S® 4 (16GB version) will be available beginning Saturday, April 27, for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. For a limited time only, new customers who switch their phone number to Sprint from another carrier will receive an additional $100 instant credit, reducing the price of Galaxy S 4 to $149.99. Galaxy S4 will be available at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales (www.sprint.com). It will be available in two colors – White Frost and Black Mist.

Pre-order for Galaxy S 4 will open on Thursday, April 18, at www.sprint.com/galaxys4, while supplies last.

See the full Social Media release  here.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint you are making a big mistake in charing $250 for the s4 for current sprint customer especially a person like myself who has been with you for 15 years. You are giving a new customer who brings there number the s4 for $150. What happened to loyality like I have been with you. You and other business that practice this are giving loyal customer like myself the middle finger. Social media is very powerful nowadays and I along with others are going to make our voices heard and you and other business that treat customers the way you do willl feel the pain for treating your loyal customers like dirt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the "Valued Customer" is nothing more than a doormat you can step on a la the Sprint Business Model. It seems that the valued customers are being given the shaft or shown the door so that you can entice a new group of suckers by giving them a great deal on the new Galaxy S4. Meanwhile the people who have stayed with you for so many years are now being stabbed in the back. I was happily awaiting this phone and the chance to upgrade...but alas  you have shown me that customer loyalty is nothing but a punchline in the corporate offices of the NOW network. Your competitors will offer me a better deal and its looking very tempting. I am sure you will not care if the door hits me on the way out....LIKE YOU PEOPLE REALLY CARE??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Typical Sprint..saying loyality counts and then showing that it doesn't.  It looks like T-Mobile will get my future business.  And then I am going to take every opportunity to use the social media outlets to crap all over Sprint so that everyone knows how they treat their loyal customers.

Journeyman

they have a buy back program you know

Highlighted
Journeyman

Later Sprint, my contract is up and I've labored thru enough poor speeds. I was willing to wait and see how LTE worked out, but since you want to charge be $100 more than a new customer, I think I'll go see how it is being someone elses new customer.

Idiots.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't everyone jump at this.  Wait. Be patient. You are all correct that amazon, best buy, radio shack, etc will likely have the S4 for a lower price.  We can all wait a month or two.  Also, it will be nice to see when the 32 and 64 GB are available. So take a deep breath, relax, wait.  It will all be OK. Besides, we all know that a brand new phone will need several updates to fix issues anyway. Better to get a phone a month or two after it is released.  Let the earliest adopters deal with the issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Loyalty means nothing to Sprint. They have eroded the Loyalty program and charge us way more for the phones than other carriers, that doesn't take into consideration that the network sucks. Sprint is nothing but promises and they deliver hot air.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not impressed. I've been with Sprint for 6 years now and the dialup data that sprint likes to call "3G" is grating. Their LTE rollout is not even 20% of the 3G coverage area. I can't imagine having LTE near me for at least another 2-3 years at this pace.

And now... now you decide to not only charge $50 more than any other carrier for the same model S4, you rub it in my face that a new customer gets a $100 discount over my 6 years of loyalty.

How did you anticipate this would be received by your customer base? Apparently you want to hemmorage some customers to help free up what paltry data bandwidth you provide, is that it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

T-mobile lets you buy this phone for $150 down and no contract required, even for previous customers. And they charge no activation fee (Sprint charges $36 just to sign up, so there goes a large chunk of your $100 sign on credit.) And they have faster data rates. And with them I've yet to get a dropped call, whereas with sprint I had a dropped call at least once every two days, if not more often. And their unlimited everything plans cost less than your limited plans (I pay $110 a month for 5 unlimited everything t-mobile.) And they support the galaxy S4's HD voice feature (sprint has no plans to support that any time soon, whereas t-mobile already does, and verizon and at&t have a system in development.)

Sprint is the worst carrier in the US by far.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have to agree that I'm disappointed with Sprint's decision to charge $50 more for this phone than at least some other major carriers, who are only charging $200.  Sprint's charging 25% more than that -- not a negligible difference!  I can understand why new customers get discounts -- companies are always out to draw new customers and/or lure them away from their existing providers, and discounts are a great way to try to do that.  But it's kind of bad that existing customers who have stayed with the company for years are not getting good deals.  I think I've been with Sprint for about 5 years (any way to see this info on our accounts, BTW?), and sometimes it does seem like my loyalty is not appreciated.  Not only do we not get the nice discounts they offer to new customers, but we're getting charged more than other carriers' customers for the same device!  This really isn't a good decision, Sprint.  I've got the original Galaxy S (Epic) right now and am overdue for an upgrade.  The S4 seems like a good choice, but I really don't appreciate having to pay a higher price for it.  Perhaps cityw5 is right, and it's better to wait a month or two and hope for a price drop, if not here then at other retailers.

Edit:  While it's true T-Mobile has the S4 for $150 up front, you then have to pay $20 a month for the next 24 months to pay off the phone.  I think Sprint and other carriers are charging more up front, but less per month.  I'm not sure exactly how the different carriers stack up on price because of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I'll try moving my Epic over to Virgin and just save up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat