Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - versionOD2

Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - versionOD2

Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - versionOD2 - Spark and non-Spark versions

Enhancements/Fixes:

• OS upgrade to Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
  • Samsung Reactivation Lock (Spark version only)

Important Notes:

• Phased deployment of the update starts on 5/8/15
  • Not all users will receive the update on the first days of the update. Do not contact Customer Care inquiring when a user is scheduled to receive the update
  • For additional information refer to the Software Update article in Support
64 REPLIES 64
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - versionOD2

Will this fix the problem that I can't make calls from inside my house on my galaxy s4 but my sone IPhone 4 can?

Sprint Product Ambassador

shel22flute, I'm sorry for our delayed response! Are you still having problems with dropped calls?  If so, you might want to refresh your device's network information.  You can do that by dialing ##SCRTN# from your phone's dialer app.  The device will ask to restart and then set itself back up on the network.  You should not lose any data or files you've got saved.  Let us know if that helps.

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

it is now May 21st and I have not received my update. I read only one other place that Sprint started the big roll out of this update just yesterday. can you confirm this?I would love it if Sprint were to just make the download available manually from one or two net or mobile locations for those who are eagerly awaiting it. I'm sure a good number of people are content to just wait for the update whenever it would come. at least making public announcements about release updates would alleviate much of the traffic to call centers and forums.I have updated my samsung keis to the Smart Switch software as prompted and I'm leaving it running in hopethat the update will be made available to that application. do you have any knowledge of weather anyone has been able to use smart switch to update his device?

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've just replied to your private message about this issue, loboXx but I know others are probably wondering the same thing, so I'll put a bit of what I said there here.  Typically, releases are tested carefully in a lab environment before being released to the general population and I'm not aware of any official throttling of the MR update until now.

I've passed along your feedback to our web team about a packet file to be downloaded from the website as I can see why that could come in handy.  Smart Switch isn't really designed to load updates this way, Kies might work but you'd have to grab it on your computer, then push it to your phone and I actually don't have confirmation that it's available through this method.  On new devices, Samsung has built in on-demand updates so if you choose to get a Samsung with your next upgrade, you'll be able to grab it from your phone's setting screen.

I know you've waited a long time for this update, shouldn't be too much longer

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted
Patron

I woke up this morning with my phone notifying me that the update was ready to install.

I was notified however that the package had an "invalid signature" key. Manual attempts to check for the update following met with "System is currently up to date."

Was there an issue with the update rollout, and has it been pulled?

Community Manager

Kat_2010, I'm reaching out to our device folks for more info.  I'm going to respond to your other thread because I'd like to ask you and the other customer with the same issue to do us a favor.

SeaWolf

Community Admin

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

It installed on my SPH-L720T this morning via OTA...I LOVE IT  !!!!!

Journeyman

3 weeks and no update

Journeyman

Still no update here.  Can we download it from somewhere?

Journeyman

This update roll out is way too slow to the customers. I'm still waiting for them to fix the service in my area which use to be strong, now I'm down to 2 bars on 4G with it jumping to 3G at random with dropped calls and random data speeds all over the place.

GrandMaster

through Samsung youre able to use KIES to download directly from Samsung..the thing is if you cant even pull it from there then this isnt a Sprint hold up..the carrier has nothing to do with the final release anyways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat