cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S4

Do anyone know if there is a release date price and pre order date for the Samsung Galaxy S4

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Wizard

Ahmadv17---

Great question.

We are all excited about the launch of the Galaxy S4. For upcoming and breaking news about this device, pre-register at http://sprint.com/galaxys4.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

With my understanding, they announced it the 2nd quarter, and knowing sprint, you might expect it around end of may, beginning of June.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm about to leave sprint and go to at&t because they already have the galaxy s4 on pre order and sprint probably isn't getting it anytime soon I went to the store today and they tried to sell me an HTC one I don't want that crap I a galaxy lover and that's what I'm going to get...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just read Sprint is planning to sell the S4 @ $249.00 talk about giving the middle finger to their loyal customers. Oh well guess I have to start looking to a new Service provider.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They announced it this morning. The crappy part is that it is $249 not $199 for other carriers. It might be better to switch carriers and get a better deal elsewhere. Plus when you switch sometimes the new carrier dumps the activation fee. If you got it with Sprint you will end up paying more for both the phone and the fees.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just read Sprint is planning to sell the S4 @ $249.00 talk about giving the middle finger to their loyal customers. Oh well guess I have to start looking to a new Service provider.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have listened to a lot of complaining about Sprint and its LTE coverage and the $10 for WiMax either of which I was not particularly happy with but fine.  Not the absurdity of charging $249 for the 16GB Galaxy S4 when the other carriers are charging $199 is unbelievable. Talk about a company that is out of touch.  Can’t you see this is a slap in the face of your loyal customers by allowing new people to come to Sprint for $149 while forcing existing customers to pay an extra $50 over what the other carriers are charging!!!  Sprint once again is fleecing its existing loyal customers.

My prediction is you will lose much more that you gain from the scheme.  I have been out of contract since last September and had planned on pre-ordering the Galaxy S4 but not at this price.  I will be evaluating other options.

While unlimited date is a big carrot it is not the only or final deciding factor. The biggest carrot is a company showing respect and loyalty to its existing customer base.  With this pricing plan Sprint is speaking volumes about what it thinks of its existing customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For $249, AT&T gives you the 32Gb model. What is Sprint thinking?  I understand the desire to lure new customers, but how about taking care of your existing customer base as well.  We're the ones who have stayed with you through the last couple of years (which have been pretty rough at times, I might add).

Decisions like this just make me shake my head.  Yes, you have unlimited data.  But since the data caps imposed by other carriers aren't exceeded by the overwhelming majority of users, I don't think this is as big of an incentive as you might believe. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

IM leaving sprint and going too AT&T!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was holding out my upgrade for the S4 too. Then I read it's $250, with upgrade, for the 16gb model. HAH.

Good luck with that, Sprint. I expect to see you lose flocks of customers over this stunt. Myself included.

Highlighted
Wizard

As for the release date, I think they recently announced April 27, though pre-orders may be available and sooner if they are.  As for the price, I have to agree with the others that $250 for the 16GB version, which is 25% more than the $200 other carriers are charging for it, is kind of ridiculous.  Why should we have pay that much more for the same device?  I'm looking at getting a new phone in the near future and was leaning towards the S4.  If I've got to pay 25% more than everyone else for it though, I may have to reconsider.  The Note 3 is supposed to come out later this year.  Maybe I should hold out until then, assuming Sprint doesn't do the same thing and price it higher than everyone else.  Sure, the unlimited data is great and a big draw for me, but you really shouldn't be charging more than all the other major carriers for the same phone, Sprint.  Can you explain that one to us?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat