Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker phone does not work with visual voice mail

Journeyman

Speaker phone does not work with visual voice mail

My Galaxy S4 speaker phone works fine when listening to voice mail by dialing 1. However when using visual voice mail it requires turning off Bluetooth. Is there a fix for this? I should not have to turn off Bluetooth to hear my messages on speaker.

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

This does sound like a weird one.  So when you're trying to listen to Visual Voicemail, are you getting an error that tell you to turn on Bluetooth?  If Bluetooth is off, VVM on speaker works?

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Just the opposite Darryl I get a message saying to use the speaker phone I have to turn off Bluetooth. Once I do then the speaker phone works.

Wizard

I've reached out to our internal groups regarding this and still awaiting an answer.  Not sure if it's set like this by default or a glitch.  When I get any info, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thank you for the update Darryl I appreciate it.

Wizard

Question came up; are you pairing up to something like a car or headset when you want to listen to the message?

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Today I received a message when I was out running errands and it worked fine. So I tested it when I got home and had the same problem. I have a Panasonic Link to Cell phone that is is paired with it at home and I am assuming that is causing the problem. When I am in the car it comes through the car speakers so no problem. Any way around this problem when I am at home?

Wizard

Thanks for the update.  I've updated the info out to our internal community to see anyone knows a way around this.  You may want to reach out to Panasonic to see if they have had any similar cases.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I will check with Panasonic. Let me know if anyone has a fix. Thanks!!

Wizard

Here's what I got from our internal community, seems it will not work with the Panasonic device:

"It all comes down to something called bluetooth profiles. the profile has to exists both on the cell phone and on the the other bluetooth profile. when you play the visual voicemail on the phone, you are playing a mp3 on the phone. the car has the bluetooth profile for this its called a2dp. the panasonic link at home does not. Ive checked the manual for this panasonic devie and it seems like its got 3 bt profiles, hfp = call handling, opp = transfer small files like photos, and pbab = accessing and downloading the phonebook on the cell. but no a2dp = play music files or visual voicemails"

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks Darryl for following through and letting me know. I appreciate it even if it is bad news.

Wizard

I wish I could have came back with better news.  Just glad we got an answer.

Feel free to reach back out to our forums when needed.

Thanks again

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat