Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Galaxy S4 want turn on after 4.4.2 Kitkat Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Galaxy S4 want turn on after 4.4.2 Kitkat Update

Overview:

• Phone want turn on anymore
  • Sprint service center can't get the phone to turn on longer then a few seconds
  • Battery is good...Charger brand new

Problem:

About three days ago I started receiving continuous spam notifications flashing on the top of my screen about the 4.4.2 Update for my phone. After numerous attempts to clear the annoying notifications, I reluctantly went ahead and installed it. Immediately after the install I started noticing small glitches like:

1. the phone started running sluggish
  2. my WIFI stopped working
  3. it took longer for the lock screen to come on
  4. when the lock screen would come on it would be unresponsive
  5. my built in text messaging app stopped working ( a fix for this was I had a 3rd party messaging app already installed)

after the first day I noticed my battery was draining faster then normal. Which was unusual because I would go half a work day without even touching my phone. The next day I picked my phone up and it dam near  burned a whole through my hand. Then finally last night I took a few pictures of my newborn baby at the hospital and sat my phone down. When I picked it back up I noticed the red signaling me to recharge the phone. So I plugged in my charger and made the mistake of powering my phone off to get a faster charge. The next morning which was today's date. I went to turn my phone back on and NOTHING!!! after repeated attempts I got [inappropriate word removed] or furious.

I took the phone to the nearest service center and after about two hours they delivered me the death notification

Service rep: "Sorry sir there's nothing we could do, I never seen nothing like it before, I tried several chargers, switched the battery and everything."

ME: Well sir what about the last resort a hard reset

Service rep: I'm afraid that want help. But look on the bright side you get to receive a brand knew refurbished phone next week

Voice inside my head:

That's some [inappropriate word removed] if I've ever smelled it...[inappropriate word removed] for the city folk

Solution(s):

I need anything that could help, the google back up don't save everything.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Galaxy S4 want turn on after 4.4.2 Kitkat Update

I forgot to add that when I plug a charger into the phone it shows the phone is charging but it only does that 2  out of 50 tries

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Master

as far as all the symptoms in the beginning, they are normal, after an update it will take a while for all the apps to refresh and during that time your phone will be very slow to respond.

My concern would be your heat issue you had, that might have damaged your phone. Do you feel any vibration when you press the power button? If yes, did you ever try to go into safe mode (volume up - power - home, all pressed in the same time)?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

Kimberly2014,

This certainly isn't good! I understand how frustrating device issues can be. Do you have insurance? Did the store offer to replace the device for you? Is your phone still within the warranty period? You can send the phone back to the manufacturer if it is. I'm happy to help. Let me know!

Laura,
Sprint Social Care
Master

Kimberly2014- That's not good. Sounds like a port issue. Have you taken the device to a service and repair store? I can locate a nearby store for you if you would like. Let us know. *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for your reply, but I've already taken it to a Sprint Service and Repair Center, they stated they tried everything they could do but couldn't fix it. They ordered a REFURBISHED phone for me and stated every since the update they have been receiving a lot of customers with issues relating to it.

I'm hoping that someone would read this and have a quick fix for me. I'm quite sure that Sprint has some tech savvy guy's working for them but it bothers me that Sprint would release an update like this. I mean seriously I did a quick google search and saw that Verizon customers were complaining about the Update as far back as last year.

Master

Kimberly2014, I'm happy to hear they can get a replacement device for you. We wish there was a quick fix as well. Please let us know if new device is having the same problem or if you have any other questions. We are always around! *Sarah W Social Care
Master

Verizon customers might have complained for the previous update, just like a lot of Sprint customers did, 4.4 did not get released until this year, and Verizon was almost the last one to release 4.4.

beside that, when you get the refurbished phone, make sure you go through it very carefully, check for the volume and mic during  calls, reception, WiFi sensitivity, performance in general, since many times the phone you will get might still have some issues.

Good luck.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat