Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint do you care?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint do you care?

Does sprint really care about its loyal customers?..first we get hosed on $10 smart  "data" fee...then we go a year with the worst service in history of cell phones...then they promise to pay us for the bad service? has anybody had their accounts credited with $$ yet i think the towers are ok now...so now comes the NEW SAMSUNG S4 and of course we get awarded for being loyal 10 year customers right ...nope they make us pay $100 more because we decided to stay with sprint... they DONT CARE!! because we as customers aint going no where !! Because AT&T and VERIZON are soo freakin expensive that we are stuck with sprint if we use more then 4GB of data...SPRINT JUST DOES NOT CARE!

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint do you care?

Yea what exactly is the extra $10 charge for? I still dont have 4g! And please adjust the price for the Galaxy S4! ($199)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately Sprint has one of the worst customr services. I had issues with a brand new LTE and I had to take to the store and get it replaced, paying a $35 fee. The new phone started having the same connection issues a week later, took it back and paid another $35 and got a new phone.... lo and behold, same issue again after several days, they asked for another $35. I called customer service and talked to a supervisor, and expressed my frustration; told them this is ridiculous and I might consider cancelling my service after 12 years...his reaction? oh I will be happy to help you with the cancellation. I was so ticked I asked to him to go ahead and cancel, but for some "technical reason" he had hard time cancelling my service and asked me to call back the next day to cancel...haha. But before that happened, a sprint customer service on these forums somehow reset my phone on the network and fixed the thing. Doesn't mean the phone is superb, it's average and does the job. I'm still debating whether Sprint loyalty is worth it (I mean I'm not getting any specials etc, and get crappy coverage compared to other networks) or just jump ships for my next phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

The $10/month fee is for "premium data", I think it's called.  As I recall, many people originally thought it was a 4G charge, for phones that were had 4G, but Sprint never said that and started applying it to all smartphones under the assumption that people with smartphones will naturally use more data.  Something like that, anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think a big part of the name change to "premium data" was that so many people were being charged for 4G data where there was none available.

Journeyman

If you don't want to pay a $35 fee to have your phone repaired, get total equipment protection. Technology doesn't last forever, touchscreens break and get scratched, speakers go out, accidents happen, etc. I could see not having the protection before smartphones (though I still did and saved a TON of money getting phones replaced and repaired), but with all the things that can go wrong with a smartphone it's careless not to have total equipment protection. My EVO 3D has had the touchscreen repaired 4 times, but I know when it goes out all I have to do is go to the Sprint store, kill about 25-30 minutes while they replace it, and I can be on my way. No payment, no questions even asked about payment. Sprint's service has been excellent for me 95% of the time I'd say. I've gotten attitude from people that apparently hate their jobs while on the phone with Sprint, but other than that, they've been great. However, if you are having problems with your service in terms of getting reception, why do you still have Sprint? If I wasn't getting poor reception, I would certainly be looking for something better in my area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I don't think Sprint cares. They are now pushing back pre-orders for anyone who ordered in the Store. Way to go Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I called Sprint and the Rep spoke to the warehouse/shipping department. They said they will ship the devices on the 25th or 26th with overnight shipping. For those that pre-ordered the S4 on the 18th will get there phone no later then the 27th. For those that ordered on the 18th most likely will get the first batch! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

really where did you see or hear that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called in. They said people who ordered on the 18th will be fulfilled but did not mention pre-orders on the 19th. Also both Sprint reps I spoke to said they will ship overnight. Was told to start watching for tracking number tomorrow (25th). This is what I was told, so just praying it's true. Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

invisik wrote:

I called in. They said people who ordered on the 18th will be fulfilled but did not mention pre-orders on the 19th. Also both Sprint reps I spoke to said they will ship overnight. Was told to start watching for tracking number tomorrow (25th). This is what I was told, so just praying it's true. Fingers crossed!

This is EXACTLY what happened with the GS3 pre-orders....Those who pre-ordered the first day, got theirs the day promised (a thursday).....Those that pre-ordered the 2nd day, got theirs the day after the day promised (a friday).....Those that did not pre-order had to wait a week before they hit stores (the following friday)....

Not sure if that is what will happen with the GS4, but the way it seems to be going down is sounding really similar.....

Oh, and the tracking numbers came one day before the GS3's were received in the mail by those that pre-ordered....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Was told completely different info the 4 times I called in and was told they aren't shipping pre ordered devices until the 27th. I ordered mine at 7am on the 18th so I hope I get mine when it was promised

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat